inTank Media Baskets

sandbed stir up crew..?

fiddly_foo

LOL we'll started this thread and havent been on it in a while I see all you are sooo eager to help..lol It's my BC14 that has the dirty sand bed top, I have plenty of ceriths but they just sleep in the sand then get up and hit the LR and glass. The nass. just dig into the sand bed and then pop up and eat then go back down no top bed cleaning , and my dwarf blue hermits are always on the LR ..lol so maybe a sea cucumber..? or I'll deal with it and get 4 more ceariths and then before bed drop the ones on the glass on the part of sand bed I want clean..

animalmaster6
LOL we'll started this thread and havent been on it in a while I see all you are sooo eager to help..lol It's my BC14 that has the dirty sand bed top, I have plenty of ceriths but they just sleep in the sand then get up and hit the LR and glass. The nass. just dig into the sand bed and then pop up and eat then go back down no top bed cleaning , and my dwarf blue hermits are always on the LR ..lol so maybe a sea cucumber..? or I'll deal with it and get 4 more ceariths and then before bed drop the ones on the glass on the part of sand bed I want clean..

If I new his tank was 14 G i wouldn't have mentioned an orange Spot Diamond Goby.

Lakswahsdeep- I do know they are beneficial to the tank. Fiddly Foo said a fish that helps it STIR the sand. Ospdg stir the sand. I had somebody tell me they stir the sand. I think the adivice by Vivid is very helpful and true.

O yeah and when u said i am yelling... well i'm not. U don't no why i am putting the word in deifferent colors and making it bold. I do that when the word is important or its key to the conversation. So please don't say i'm yelling or screaming. I NEVER (I put it in capitsl again) yell at anybody or scream at anybody ESPECIALLY ppl i dont even know. Again, please don't say i yell at people.

I am sorry i just tried to help.

FIdlly Foo- I am sorry i kinda hijacked this thread. I think the cucumber would be good. I think they may realease toxins when they die. Not sure though.

I am not going to use any specific resource just personal experiences. The Ospdg does a great job at stirring up the sand bed. I have seen this fish in 14g tanks and they do just fine, they spend the most of the time by their cave anyway. I had one in my RSM for almost 5 months then got rid of it because it dug way too much, it was literally rearranging my rock-scape. I replaced it with a sand sifting star fish, I think this starfish does a much better job with removing algae from the sand, not to mention it stirs up the sand bed evenly.

Just my opinion though

animalmaster6
I am not going to use any specific resource just personal experiences. The Ospdg does a great job at stirring up the sand bed. I have seen this fish in 14g tanks and they do just fine, they spend the most of the time by their cave anyway. I had one in my RSM for almost 5 months then got rid of it because it dug way too much, it was literally rearranging my rock-scape. I replaced it with a sand sifting star fish, I think this starfish does a much better job with removing algae from the sand, not to mention it stirs up the sand bed evenly.

Just my opinion though

So the Ospdg did a good job at sifting but the Sand-Sifting Star did better? That can be helpful when i upgrade!

cheryl jordan
If I new his tank was 14 G i wouldn't have mentioned an orange Spot Diamond Goby.

Lakswahsdeep- I do know they are beneficial to the tank. Fiddly Foo said a fish that helps it STIR the sand. Ospdg stir the sand. I had somebody tell me they stir the sand. I think the adivice by Vivid is very helpful and true.

O yeah and when u said i am yelling... well i'm not. U don't no why i am putting the word in deifferent colors and making it bold. I do that when the word is important or its key to the conversation. So please don't say i'm yelling or screaming. I NEVER (I put it in capitsl again) yell at anybody or scream at anybody ESPECIALLY ppl i dont even know. Again, please don't say i yell at people.

I am sorry i just tried to help.

FIdlly Foo- I am sorry i kinda hijacked this thread. I think the cucumber would be good. I think they may realease toxins when they die. Not sure though.

Get a back bone if you want to put in purple do it. Yea you NEED to get more experience before you start suggesting certain things. It's like school you read the books and people teach you, but the real world is complete different and not teachable. You will always get bad feed back, if you can not take it do not do it. Do not change because somebody on a form says so. Cheryl :D

So the Ospdg did a good job at sifting but the Sand-Sifting Star did better? That can be helpful when i upgrade!

Yea the star fish does a much better job at actually cleaning up the sand. The jaw fish really just digs around their cave.

yea those things dig up holes i have a eyelash blennie he is the fatest sob he craps like 10 times a day thats all i see him do is wigle his tail and out goes green crap...lol his stomach is huge drags on the bottom hes a happy one..lol

Yea I don't think I would ever want another jaw fish if I planed on putting anything on the sand bed and expect it to stay the way I want it.

Them hole diggin freaks! :angry:

Nassarius are the omnivores under the sandbed. Ceriths, if you can keep them from being murdered by hermit crabs, are the herbivores under the sandbed.

In my 29 biocube the Florida Fighting Conch is the herbivore on top of the sandbed. Noting better than this critter to keep the top of the sandbed white. You don't need a sand sifter, just shifters, critters to keep the sandbed stirred up and to eat what they find.

JMO

animalmaster6
Yea the star fish does a much better job at actually cleaning up the sand. The jaw fish really just digs around their cave.

Thanks! That is really helpful for when i get my 90 G.

yea a fighting conch is what I want but im not paying 25$ shipping for a 6$ snail so ill wait to I get a bigger order. I was just watchin my eyelash and he looked right at me and crapped and then moved quick and It went flying at the glass were I was looking at..LOL damn thing

animalmaster6
yea a fighting conch is what I want but im not paying 25$ shipping for a 6$ snail so ill wait to I get a bigger order. I was just watchin my eyelash and he looked right at me and crapped and then moved quick and It went flying at the glass were I was looking at..LOL damn thing

lol!

I think my Fighting Conch is AMAZING!!!

Archived