SaltCritters.com

Zooanthid Problem

ryz

I have recently bought a Zooanthid mix and a bubble anemone for my 20 gallon. They didn't do well and secreted a slime coat to prtotect themselves. I was worried and transfered them to my 40 gallon immediately. They did fine there. Initially I thought that maybe it's my water chemistry, but after I added GeoLiquid(a product that is supposed to adjust your water quality to optimum for corals and inverts and also locks away contaminants.), It still did not work. I do not know what the problem is. What should I do? My feather duster seems to be doing fine, and so are my two occelaris clowns. This 20 gallon is a relatively new tank that has just completed cycling the live rocks. Should I change the water? If so, how much? If not what do I do? What could it be that is harming my anemone and zoo?

Concerned

mmm...

Personally I don't trust miracolous products :)

How long did it cycle?

When was last water change?

Water params? (salinity, KH, NO2, NO3,PO4)

By the way in Italy someone says...

If you have any doubt change some water...

I think it is good in Singapore too :)

Enrico

It has cycled for abt 3 weeks or so. the live rocks are supposedly cured, so it didn't take very long for ammonia and nitrite to go down.

I changed about 1/3 of the water before I used my Geoliquid.

Geoliquid is supposed to adjust everything... and I mean EVERYTHING to optimum levels for corals and inverts. bind irreversibly to pollutants etc.

Maybe I shoulkd change like 80% of the water? someone please advice.

i think 80% is to much, you should test all your water parameters and see if everything is up to level as is should be, it might just be something very simple to solve. get a good test kit.

I can almost repeat my previous answer...

Personally I don't trust miracolous products...

Change some water = max 20% unless you are sure there is sothing deadly for the inhabitants

Again I suggest to report these water params:

salinity

KH

NO2

NO3

PO4

I can't tell how many times I have screwed up corals by adding "stuff" to my tank, especially things that are supposed to change chemical parameters overnight.

Like Enrice said change at the max 20 percent, but not much more of the water.

80 % of the tank is way too much, Do some test. check if your parameters are ok, Don't trust only in that additive Geo liquid

PH? dKH? what are your readings

Archived