ReefCleaners.org

125 gallon tank question! Would it be worth it?

John_A

125 gallon tank and stand for $75 Whats the catch you may ask? this

post-42729-1259293062_thumb.jpg

bottom is cracked I spoke with the guy he said its never leaked.But its going to be a inwall tank I ofcourse dont wanna take that chance.What would be my options and would it be worth it.

125 gallon tank and stand for $75 Whats the catch you may ask? this

post-42729-1259293062_thumb.jpg

bottom is cracked I spoke with the guy he said its never leaked.But its going to be a inwall tank I ofcourse dont wanna take that chance.What would be my options and would it be worth it.

My thoughts are don't get it. You might save a couple hundred bucks but who knows how much you might lose... in a fully stocked 125 that's going to set you back a lot.

I was thinking the same but In TN there isnt that many people wanting to sale a 125 lol and thought maybe there was some fix I could do since it was so cheap

I guess my next question would be anyone in TN Wanna sale a 125 gallon tank lol :D

I was thinking the same but In TN there isnt that many people wanting to sale a 125 lol and thought maybe there was some fix I could do since it was so cheap

I guess my next question would be anyone in TN Wanna sale a 125 gallon tank lol :D

Buy a new one. :)

Or be patient. I have a problem being patient, it looks like you might too. :D

Just seems like the cost of everything (tank included) increases as you go bigger, I wouldn't skimp on the tank. The tank is one of the most important elements in the whole aquarium setup.

I don't know a lot about the stress limits of glass, however if you really want to try it, maybe there's a way you could find some sort of silicone or patching material to brace it with - just in case.

see I wondered about this as this is how you pretty much make a plywood tank Say the tank isnt cracked all the way through since it isnt leaking laying 2 or 3 coats of this might seal it up good and just cover the entire bottom of the tank just to be safe? what ya think

Archived