Coral Vue Hydros

Argent's Back From The Dead 90,850cc Reef Tank of Wonder

Argent

WTF? who left the door unlocked? I thought we were finally rid of this guy....

Welcome back! (even though you've been back for a while now.)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks Ray - been a while but I got a deal on this tank I couldn't pass up

I think I need to get a different bulb though (maybe 14K instead of 10K) because the corals just don't seem to pop like they did under the PC's in my BC8

also waiting for Evil's Sunpod LED actinic supplimental lighting to become available

and not too sure how to work this skimmer - the collection cup seems to be filling with water and it looks like I'll have to empty it daily if it keeps this up

Whassup Argent? Congrats on finally getting this going. I got a Phoenix 14K from Hellolights for my Sunpod, really like the color and would recommend it.

thanks Scott - I actually just ordered a cheapo 20K bulb off ebay to see how I like the color

I'm totally not sold on the whole MH thing - might dump the sunpod and go back to a 24" T5HO setup but I'll wait till I get the new bulb and see if that helps with my corals colors

Stopped at the Tropicorium today - got a sweet yuma (pics of that later) a bi-color blenny (he's quite the character already!) and a couple pieces of lace rock!

040.jpg

047.jpg

039.jpg

new bored pics!

Superman Monti

080.jpg

Kedds Reds and a feather duster

073.jpg

'Deepwaters' from Skyhigh

071.jpg

Pink speckled Zoas (no clue what they are called)

069.jpg

Zoas

059.jpg

Some kind of shroom I got from Seashells

057.jpg

and last but not least...

Yuma from The Trop

050.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see you back Argent , I also just came back after quite a few years, hell its been so long I had to make a new user name because i forgot the my old one. I think the last time I saw you was back in 06 or 07 when i was on my way out.

Just cant get rid of that Itch can you, and gold bond doesn't help. lol

I never really 'left' just ran silent for a year or so - my BC8 was running the whole time up until I switched everything over to this 24G AP - decided I'd pop back in and see what had been going on around here. I actually spend most of my time over at Captive Reefs (www.captivereefs.com)

Well besides that yuma rock - Lucid Corals also sent me 2 zoa frags which I've finally been able to photograph!

Now way back in the days - these were called zombie eyes (very small polyps)

020.jpg

and I haven't a clue what these are but they look like they should color up nicely! (also very small polyps)

017.jpg

Well I finally got around to moving some of my frags off the sandbed and glueing them to the rocks...

020-1.jpg

And since I can't just take one pic....here's some more eye candy

011.jpg

012-1.jpg

and the new gratuitous FTS

005-2.jpg

thanks Scott - I actually just ordered a cheapo 20K bulb off ebay to see how I like the color

I'm totally not sold on the whole MH thing - might dump the sunpod and go back to a 24" T5HO setup but I'll wait till I get the new bulb and see if that helps with my corals colors

Did you stay with the Sunpod or go back to the T5HO? I'm asking because I have a 24 gallon Nano Cube that I want to upgrade my lighting on and I'm not sure what would be best.

Archived