ReefCleaners.org

12 Loooong

pmemmer

this is awesome i was actually looking at this tank recently cuz it looks suweet but i dont have the funds. this has potential, nice DIY!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You inspired me. I ordered the tank today, I'll see what I can do with it once it gets here.

Whered you order it from? I'd love to make a frag tank out of one of these.

Crackerballer

http://www.greenleafaquariums.com/glass-ri...-aquariums.html

I got all the way to entering the credit card info, then hit the back button to see if there was a different size I wanted, and there was a pop up that said something like "We want your order bad, we'll give you 10% off" So I got the tank for $92 shipped.

I have been thinking, at 36", I may try to false wall 6" of it and make it a 30" AIO. Then I could set it up as a Peninsula style tank. All going to depend on where I can put the tank.

Fish added... a yellow and black chromis. I'd already decided to get something from the damsel family, since I like my other damsels (and it is a small tank), then saw these little guys at the store. He is already eating, so that's great. Pix coming sometime this weekend...

I like it, except for one thing: if your water level dips too low, it starts spitting out torrents of bubbles into the tank. An ATO would solve it (as does topping off regularly)... I have an ATO waiting for me to install it. But otherwise, it seems to be a good filter, and it also provides nice flow on the end opposite the MP10.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got a couple pictures of The Shy Little Chromis:

Also added a skunk cleaner shrimp today (maybe some pics this weekend)... I have to say, as gorgeous as my fire cleaner is in my other tank, I like this guy better... he's downright friendly (as opposed to the fire shrimp, which most hides unless there's food around).

I'd still like to add another cool invert or two... just can't find the right thing.

The filter is running floss and Chemi Pure. Working nicely so far. Still need to hook up the ATO...

Also added my first coral, but don't get too excited... it's just a zoa frag from my other tank.

I'll try to get a new FTS soon... need to do some glass-cleaning first, though :P

Crappy new FTS... this is a hard tank to photograph all at once. But at least both the fish and the shrimp made an appearance at the same time!

• 2 weeks later...

More zoas (this frag was just moved from my other tank):

And some other shots... first, the pseudocorynactis hitchhiker, who is doing well:

(continued next post)

Fuzzy Chiton:

Halimeda, another macro (any ideas? feel like I ought know, but too lazy to look), and a siderastrea hitchhiker (any way to tell if these are actually alive? I've never seen polyps):

(continued next post)

• 2 weeks later...

One new addition: a yellow clown goby. Great little guy. I was worried that the chromis might give him some trouble at first, but within literally two minutes the two of them were practically snuggling together. Unfortunately, I can't get a pic at the mo', since he's hiding out. But maybe over the weekend.

Biggest problem right now... cleaning this tank is a real pain. Keeping the front glass clean is fine, but cleaning the sides and back is impossible. At some point, I'll have to remove the hood (which is possible, just a hassle) and do some scraping...

Thanks, I'm happy with it. I'm slightly nervous by the balanced rock on the left side... I don't think I have to worry about it falling over on its own (there's a gigantic Turbo snail in the tank, and he's been all over it without incident), but I'll have to be careful when I glue frags on.

Incidentally, this week is the tank's 3-month anniversary... 3 more to go until SPS time! Though my plan is to cheat, and get some frags in around Father's Day. In the meantime, I still need to get the zoas off the plugs and onto the rocks, and pick up something "tentacly" for the sandbed in the middle. I'm torn between a heliofungia and a torch...

Archived