Cultivated Reef

NirvanaandTool's Mixed Reef Solana

NirvanaandTool

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NirvanaandTool
ask a mod if they'll move this thread for you.

Got it moved! Awesome!

Just did the airline mod to my Tunze 9002 skimmer - what a difference that made. So much easier to adjust. Wonder if I'll see a little better growth due to better skimming?

• 6 months later...
NirvanaandTool

Well this tank is no more...

Broke it down Monday night.

Most recent pic of it during the decline over the past few months

5385859016_e1fc35585c_b.jpg

Had a huge build up of nutrients after having an autofeeder going during Christmas vacation and lost all my acros in the aftermath. Every one STN'd in the process and I couldn't save them. I tried to bring the tank back around of the past few months but could never do it no matter how big the water changes were. I think my sandbed just became a nutrient trap cause I barely had any sand sifters cause my hermits would constantly kill off any nassarius snails. Parted out the livestock and remaining coral to friends in my reef club and swapped the tank with another reefer.

Ended up getting a 20" reef ready acrylic cube w/ sump in the trade. Looking forward to setting that up when I move in 2 months. But for now, I'll just keep adding to my new 7.5G tank.

It was a good run with the Solana but a sad end... I'll miss it. Was a great tank in the middle of that almost 2 year span.

NirvanaandTool
Atleast i can start a thread on its rebirth. hehe

Yea you have to bring it back to life. Bigger and better. With bigger clowns lol :lol:

• 2 years later...

Yea you have to bring it back to life. Bigger and better. With bigger clowns lol :lol:

Ralph - I bought the tank from Eric ... I'll post pics when I get home. I just started posting on this forum but have been on the Delval site for about a year.

NirvanaandTool

Haha the tank lives on! Congrats! There are definitely times that I miss that tank. That would make a fun little cube for some smaller scorps. Any plans for it?

I havent been on Delval for a while. I moved to NJ and just kinda moved away from it. Still keep in contact with a few of the members though.

I transfered my 24g cube contents in to it ... Its a mixed reef right now. pair of clowns, tailspot blenny, fire fish and a royal gramma.

NirvanaandTool

Ah nice. Have you made a thread for it on here?

You pretty much have all the fish I had in it when I first set it up minus the gramma. I miss my tailspot blen. Actually gave it to DVRC member mule31 (Steve) when I moved to mantis shrimp and predators.

My tailspot is AWESOME ... One of my favorite fishes. I may move him to my 40 breeder as the female clown and (s)he aren't really getting along.

NirvanaandTool

Whoa 2 MP10s and a Radion over it? Ballin!

Looks great man. Glad to see the tank has a new home.

What skimmer are you using?

LOL yep. Female clowns are b*tches. Mine killed a yasha haze goby in the Solana. Tore him to shreds like a dog with a toy. Wasn't pretty.

I got the radion used. Same with one of the mp10's ... I'm running a tunze 9002 with the inTank skimmer cup, I'm having a hard time dialing it in tho.

NirvanaandTool

Ah nice. One of my MP10s was used too. Save some dough and still get a great pump. I still want a second for my 40B.

Is it a modded 9002? There's an airline mod for it that makes it a little easier to dial in but I know the feeling. I saved mine from the Solana and used to run it on my mantis/angler cube's sump but it was just too tough to dial in and I sold it.

Where can I find this airline mod?? Just Google it?!?

Yea used equipment is the way to go and Ecotech stands behind there stuff even if your no the original owner.

NirvanaandTool

Yea just search 9002 airline mod. Honestly I cant remember where I found it at, either here or RC.

Yep they do. They have great customer service.

Archived