Cultivated Reef

Nano Cube Links

evanj

I don't know if there's already a comprehensive list of resources for the JBJ Nano Cube somewhere (or if there's even a demand), but I thought it might be handy. I've done a ton of research and will be adding to this as often as I can. I've seen some other great guides for the Bio Cube and RSM, this will be similar by design.

If nothing else there's some great pics in these threads to help get the creative juices flowing.

NC6 Fish stocking suggestions:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=128008

NC12 Fish Stocking suggestions:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=94652

lgreen's Ultimate Guide To Nano Fish:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=74703

Member's Tanks:

NC6

Rick J G's NC6

Tigahboy's NC6

mxpro32's NC6

Evan's NC6

Asin's NC6

DT's NC6

NC12

Greg Z's NC12

SPerry's NC12

Tanya's NC12

cichlidtx's NC12

NC24

davidr2340's NC24

NC28

Nanobud's NC28

Vesian's NC28 LED

Other Helpful Links:

evilc66's Comprehensive DIY LED Project List

DIY Library, Nano-Reef's Most Popular DIY's by steelhealr

DIY cassette case surface skimmer

DIY Nano-Cube 6 Stand

Parts and Accessories:

JBJ Nano Cube site

Nanocustoms

Nanotuners

:)Did I miss something, broken link? This is still a work in progress - have a suggestion, let me know.

I would not mind my NC12 being added, I'm long winded in my tank threads, but have been trying to update them anytime something changes along with pics. I have been thinking us JBJ AIO owners have been a lil left out without our own tank thread like the BC, Solana, RSM, and Cadlights folks have, so I'm glad you decided to go with this.

Maybe an idea, if you sorted them by size, IE NC6, NC12, NC24, NC28, and maybe rename to Un-Official JBJ NanoCube thread, or The Un-Official JBJ NanoCube owners thread, or something along those lines. Just my 2 cents.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone replaced the stock return duckbill nozzle with Locline style tubing in the NC12? I seem to remember seeing a post or thread about it but, no disrespect intended to Mr. Marks, the search function in these forums isn't very good.

What I'm wondering is what size fits tightly on the stock return bulkhead, I'm wanting to do a y-connector to get some better flow characteristics in my tank, the Hydor-Flo device I am using although nice, really is reducing flow too much and I want to make better use of the flow the MJ900 return pump is putting out. Thanks.

1/2" locline fits perfectly on the return of the NC28HQI I dont know about the other models because my biocube looks close but does not fit so this could be one of the many changes on the new 28g

Has anyone replaced the stock return duckbill nozzle with Locline style tubing in the NC12? I seem to remember seeing a post or thread about it but, no disrespect intended to Mr. Marks, the search function in these forums isn't very good.

What I'm wondering is what size fits tightly on the stock return bulkhead, I'm wanting to do a y-connector to get some better flow characteristics in my tank, the Hydor-Flo device I am using although nice, really is reducing flow too much and I want to make better use of the flow the MJ900 return pump is putting out. Thanks.

I did exactly what you are talking about to my NC12. I drilled the output for a 1/2" bulkhead and installed the Locline to that along with the Y connector. Take a look at my tank and you will see it on the 1st page. Hope this helps, good luck.

I did exactly what you are talking about to my NC12. I drilled the output for a 1/2" bulkhead and installed the Locline to that along with the Y connector. Take a look at my tank and you will see it on the 1st page. Hope this helps, good luck.

I was hoping to avoid drilling, as the tank is already setup, would prefer to find a connector that will fit to the stock bulkhead fitting, if one exists.

Just buy a small paice of 1/2" locline and try it out... If it fits i can guarantee it will be 1/2" because 3/4" looks really big.

Also I vote to sticky this thread so it stays around.

Just buy a small paice of 1/2" locline and try it out... If it fits i can guarantee it will be 1/2" because 3/4" looks really big.

Also I vote to sticky this thread so it stays around.

+1 on the sticky.

Hey there everyone, I just added my wifes NC6 to the DIY section as I built a stand for it and thought I would share over there. After a while I may ask the mods to move it, but for now, its all good. Feel free to link to it. I did notice that there isn't much for NC's out there, especially the 6's. I contacted Stevie T from InTank media baskets, he said he was not going to make one for the 6, so I stole some of his design and made my own. I will have that functional in a day, after cure time. I still have not decided wether to use only Purigen or only Chemi Pure. I only have room for one. Any thoughts to this question. Cheers, Mark

Hey there everyone, I just added my wifes NC6 to the DIY section as I built a stand for it and thought I would share over there. After a while I may ask the mods to move it, but for now, its all good. Feel free to link to it. I did notice that there isn't much for NC's out there, especially the 6's. I contacted Stevie T from InTank media baskets, he said he was not going to make one for the 6, so I stole some of his design and made my own. I will have that functional in a day, after cure time. I still have not decided wether to use only Purigen or only Chemi Pure. I only have room for one. Any thoughts to this question. Cheers, Mark

Got any pics of the media basket you built, I made one too, but I'm not sure I like it.

I will get one up in a little while. I am not at home right now. Mine is kinda messy. I am a function kind of a guy, not a fashion guy. I am going to run filter floss in the top where the water come into the back chambers, this will be supported by some eggcrate. Then down to more eggcrate that supports a small bag of either the Chemi Pure or the Purigen. Still undecided on that one. I have a heater in the middle chamber and the hose for the pump takes up the third chamber. The acrylic I used was too thin but should work. I wish I had gotten 1/8" (.125) plexi, as it is, I used .080 you can get at Lowes. I need a good glass shop around here. Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some pics of my media basket. This is pretty much crap, but it works. I have a piece of egg crate in the top with filter floss to catch the big chunks and then I put a section below that to put a media bag into. I have not filled this hole yet but will in the near futrue as stocking the tank increases. I put a thumb screw in the top on the back so that I can keep it up against the divider wall and that way the water has to go through the floss and chemical bag. Sorry for the crappy pics. Mark

media%20rack%201.jpg

media%20rack%202.jpg

media%20rack%203.jpg

I didn't do the pieces that hold the eggcrate very well and will probably redo this some day. For now, it works. Sorry it took so long to get these up. Mark

Archived