ReefCleaners.org

Mirage's 40 Gallon Stretch Hex

MGDMIRAGE

Needreefunds
Wife got me this awesome little black misbar clown for my bday hes so gorgeous and jetblack.

121.jpg

128.jpg

And a super crisp face pic of the Starry Blenny :)

085.jpg

Happy Birthday, and thumbs up to the Wife for a job well done! :D

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow very nice new fish. Really love that blenny the more I see them, the more i'm loving them. and that black occy is really cool, the only clown i'd consider getting after all that i've had from my maroon <_<

Tank's looking really good, seems like the only hex worth following these days -_-

a page back you have a pic of a hermit, dark blue with little red spots. I've one just like it, know what it's called? I got it with a bunch of blue legs by accident.

oh yeah and congrats to the wife, she's a keeper.

or reefer?...

Happy Birthday, and thumbs up to the Wife for a job well done! :D

Thanks Richie :) Last year she got me fish for our anniversary, she knows what i love! hehe.

Wow very nice new fish. Really love that blenny the more I see them, the more i'm loving them. and that black occy is really cool, the only clown i'd consider getting after all that i've had from my maroon <_<

Tank's looking really good, seems like the only hex worth following these days -_-

a page back you have a pic of a hermit, dark blue with little red spots. I've one just like it, know what it's called? I got it with a bunch of blue legs by accident.

oh yeah and congrats to the wife, she's a keeper.

or reefer?...

Yeah the Blenny is super cool i love their eyebrows lol. I'm currently in love with the clown, most of the ones i see juvies have the orange faces but this guy was jet black so i wanted him soo bad, wife tricked me with a target bag saying it was something i would probably not like. Soon as she handed me the bag though i felt the water move and knew right away :D.

I'm not sure on the hermit i got him at my LFS as a misc hermit for .99 cents.

I checked your thread earlier, your tank will come around, we have our ups and downs, i have plenty!

I just got a shipment of coral this morning including the following:

MrCoral™ Eaters Palys

Blue Cloves

Fire & Ice Chalice

Purple Passion Zoas

Hell's Kitchen Zoas

Lilypad Zoas

Hulk Galaxy Coral

Lifesavers Acan

And some sort of Maze Brain (it was free!)

I'll try and get some pics up soon as everything settles in, most everything is fully opened up cept the galaxy isn't fully content yet, hes got some sweepers out though.

K here are the pics of the latest Corals, the Galaxy still isn't fully opened and one of the zoas i didn't get a good pic of so i'll have to add that later.

The Galaxy

082.jpg

Maze

083.jpg

Fire and Ice Chalice

088.jpg

Some sort of Eater Paly

091.jpg

Blue Cloves

093.jpg

More Zoas

094.jpg

More Zoas

095.jpg

Lifesavers Acan

096.jpg

Throwing this one in because i love how Candycane feeding polyps look :)

077.jpg

Added final fish today, another black little clown :) My other clown took right to him and they are following each other around, they even slept next to each other lastnight.

• 3 weeks later...
MGDMIRAGE

Ordered 250W MH today, and going to pick up a few SPS frags tonight pics soon.

MGDMIRAGE

Hey Markushka,

The current light is 96watts of T5 so this should be a decent boost for the lower sections of the tank :)

Wavemaker arrived today and seems to work great with the new Koralia Evolutions.

Yesterday i picked up a few corals:

Acropora Valida (Purple)

Very large frag of Idaho Grape Monti

Teal Tabling Acro

Green Pocillipora

thats not too bad either, the corals must be overwhelmed by their new sun. Lets see pics!

and thats a neat list of corals too.

Hey! Nice tank!

Question though.. what's the story on that eel you've got? What type is it and what's the minimal tank volume for one? That thing is freakin sweet.

thats not too bad either, the corals must be overwhelmed by their new sun. Lets see pics!

and thats a neat list of corals too.

Thanks, the light is scheduled to be here today!

Hey! Nice tank!

Question though.. what's the story on that eel you've got? What type is it and what's the minimal tank volume for one? That thing is freakin sweet.

Gymnothorax melatremus, Golden Dwarf Moray Eel, he is nano compatible they typically only reach about 10" on average. I have him trained to grab shrimp and silversides off of a sharpened piece of rigid airline tubing, and i feed him every other day or two. He is a lot of fun to watch and shows no interest in any of the other inhabitants. My cleaner shrimp grabs his face all the time and he doesn't really care. Minimum tank volume varies depending where you look from 20-55 gallons. There isn't a whole lot of info on the eel as they are fairly uncommon and typically over $300. If you are really interested you should check out Wetpets Hawaii, that is where i got him, they go for $150 each.

i am confused on your plumbing. how does water return to the tank from the sump?

I have a 3/4" clear vinyl tube running back to the tank from a Via Aqua 2300 pump, there is also a ball valve to adjust the flow. The return is invisible in the tank because it is behind the overflow and shoots straight down behind the liverock which helps eliminate the dead spots in the back.

That's a pricey animal lol. But yeah.. that thing looks awesome. Maybe something to think about in the future when i have a bit larger tank.

Decided to mess with my MH so stuck it on the back of the tank and let it run for 15 mins. It's friggin' hot and super bright! My clowns were freaking out from the intensity. I put the T5s back on for now until i can hang the MH and start it out way above the tank and slowly lower it.

Some pics with the MH, it's really blue with the 20K bulb, i love it!

002.jpg

003.jpg

006.jpg

010.jpg

Acropora Valida.

016.jpg

The slimer frag all healed up now!

:unsure:

I don't see them...

:P

I haven't quite figured out where to put the torch yet lol. Its getting a little crowded in this tank. I think i need an upgrade lol.

043.jpg

038.jpg

035.jpg

031.jpg

029.jpg

028.jpg

022.jpg

020.jpg

018.jpg

015.jpg

014.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Was bored today so took a few pics. All flash pics except the blue cloves pic and kit lens.

Golden Dwarf Moray named Eelie (wife named it)

055-1.jpg

And probably my two favorite pics of the sixline so far.

071.jpg

070.jpg

Blue cloves, i've been in love with these things since the first time i saw them last year and finally got some recently. No flash.

044.jpg

fish are looking really good, sixline looks awesome, makes me want to get one again sooner rather than later lol. corals look real nice too, particularly the torch.

Thanks Markushka,

Yeah i love the sixline but he really is quite the jerk lol. We are moving starting tomorrow so i'll be able to catch all my fish. I'm going to trade off the sixline and probably get a leopard wrasse since the sixline has gotten so cocky and mean in his old age. Also a local reefer has a red planet sps frag i hope to get from him soon but i'm waiting until after tank is moved and settled in again.

Also look for a new build soon as i feel the need to have two saltwater tanks again lol.

Archived