Innovative Marine Aquariums

Bongo Shrimp's 29g Reef

Bongo Shrimp

Nice spiralis

Here is some reading for you :)

Black Corals Part I

Black Corals Part II

I dont believe the Cirrhipathes spiralis that have been coming in are true non-photosynthetic corals. They have had a higher success rate in aquariums that had higher lighting than low lighting. They do require the same feeding regime though.

Mike

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you have a FTS?

I'll get one soon. My red plate is in rehab in another tank and the spiral coral hasn't been placed in it's final location yet. I just put it close to the glass for pics.

It's great. Gonna feed it in a little while. When I got home today the polyps were extended more than they were yesterday. Guess it's happy.

It grows in a crazy corkscrew shape and is non photo so it eats mysis and cyclopeze.

Oh. Another thing you have that I don't. Oh well. :P

Is the new chalice a bazooka joe? Or tyree red/pink?

Is the new chalice a bazooka joe? Or tyree red/pink?

To tell the truth, I don't know. The guy I got it from was calling it watermelon chalice. All I knew was it was colorful and it had a good price. If someone knows what it is, please tell me.

To tell the truth, I don't know. The guy I got it from was calling it watermelon chalice. All I knew was it was colorful and it had a good price. If someone knows what it is, please tell me.

I think it's one of the two I mentioned. I've been searching for one. I don't really like chalices in general but they look sweet when they drape over a rock. Just hate it when they stay on disks on the sand.

Yeah I usually don't like chalices too much but this one id electric- literally, it plugs into any ordinary wall socket. Anyhow, it looked cool so I bought it. Maybe make some $$$ with frags too.

Archived