ReefCleaners.org

Pudge957 34g Solana

Pudge957

Haven't really showed any pics of the solana due to me stocking very slowly over the last year. Pretty much fully stocked now mainly with SPS Zoas and a couple LPS. Just about 3 more corals out there that I'm looking for then Ill be ready to sit back and let it grow.

Lighting: 250w Sunpod (Soon with a 20k XM Bulb)

Flow: MP20 on full Reefcrest mode.

Fish: 2 Picassos

Sixline Wrasse

A lot of the SPS were moved around yesterday hence the new aquamend at there base.

FTS:

IMG_0054-1.jpg

Front Left:

IMG_0052.jpg

Front Right:

IMG_0053.jpg

Back Left:

IMG_0054.jpg

Back Right:

IMG_0055.jpg

Front Center:

IMG_0056.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the comments. I've been lucky with the RBTA he stays where I move him (knock on wood) i've had to move him three times now. The PPE are like weeds for me. I started with one head and now have roughly 26+ heads and just fragged 11-12 of them for a fellow reefer.

How do you get your RBTA to stay put? I got one a few months back and he stayed put for all of 2 days. Then he decided that the back of my rock formation would be a better spot. If you look through the tank in just the right way you can get a glimpse of him. Can you coax them with food? What do you feed it to make it happy?

Idk I think i'm just a lucky one that got an anemone that doesn't know how to roam around... I feed him mysis every 2 to 3 days and thats about it really.

Well i did my weekly water change on the tank yesterday and ever sense I turned on my skimmer I've had really bad micro bubbles. Almost like the skimmer was pouring directly into the tank. So I've had a good run with the stock skimmer it looks like its time to upgrade it. So I guess the question now is... Shapphire or Tunze... I've heard people having really bad problems with there stock skimmer and just getting rid of it right away, but mine has been going strong for over a year now.

I've used the stock, the Tunze, and a Euro Reef and by far the Euro Reef is the best. It does stick out the top of chamber 1 about 3-4 inches though. The Tunze will fit if you also buy a new collection cup from Stevie T. I've also heard really good things about the Sapphire. I wasn't overly impressed with the Tunze for the price.

Well i did my weekly water change on the tank yesterday and ever sense I turned on my skimmer I've had really bad micro bubbles. Almost like the skimmer was pouring directly into the tank. So I've had a good run with the stock skimmer it looks like its time to upgrade it. So I guess the question now is... Shapphire or Tunze... I've heard people having really bad problems with there stock skimmer and just getting rid of it right away, but mine has been going strong for over a year now.
Also right now I'm acclimating 3 Berghia into my tank. Hopefully I can say bye to the aiptasia in my tank.

That is an amazing looking tank!

Good luck with the aiptasia.

Thanks! I just hit the 1 year mark the 1st of the month. Most of the sps frags are just a couple of weeks old. The anemone I got in march and has doubled in size. Other than that wysiwyg.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick little update. I ordered the 250w Sunpod which should be here Tuesday or Wednesday. I also should be getting a shapphire aquatics skimmer here in the next week or two. Still running the stock skimmer and the micro bubbles have gone away, just have my mind set to upgrading, and that should be my last upgrade :unsure:

Bluespot Jawfish is at the fish store atm in QT and should be able to come home Friday if all goes well!

• 2 weeks later...

Update!

Well my clam needed a haircut... So as you can see below I gave him one :P

IMG_0042.jpg

and here it is 6 1/2 min later:

IMG_0055-1.jpg

Was a little scared doing it but for some reason he got algae on him and this happened in a weeks time.

Some other new photos that I took this evening...

The new Jawfish:

IMG_0108.jpg

Moving some ruble around:

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0058-1.jpg

How the Anemone looks 90% of the time with the pumps on:

IMG_0068.jpg

And the two clowns. Bad pic I know but it was the best one out of about 40. They are always on the move and its a pita to try to get them to pose for me.

IMG_0089.jpg

The 250w Sunpod is on the tank waiting until after Christmas to order probably a XM 20k bulb for it. Also the Shapphire Aquatics Skimmer should be here in a couple of days.

Archived