Top Shelf Aquatics

The new look of inTank mediabaskets

inTank

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Something totally different from a magnetic rack? There are a few of those out now.

magnetic racks are okay, racks built in tiers for certain size tanks like a 40B would be cool, but I just like the holes you have on the new media baskets, and the nice design look. from a hobbyist perspective, it might be nice to buy those up and just make that portion of the house look better, make the frags pop more etc...(clear might be > green/blue in this case). From a commercial standpoint, I bet all those WYSIWYG frag dealers, and LFS's would love some plug size choice, and a more appealing rack to house the coral in.

Next time you check out some corals look how ugly most of the egg crate in the background looks...white and a little nuisance algae makes for bad photos, and cleaning egg crate isn't ideal. (Cleaning it usually means labor, and well...anything that is easier to clean, or hides a little algae here and there would be great - the biz is labor intensive enough without toothbrushing egg crate). A little more structure around the frags and the cleaning would be much easier, and it would frame the coral better. I think something that makes the frag "pop" would be worth a fair price to those in the biz. That new rack you have, (whatever the color), would help sell product - I think it would be a hit at trade shows.

Also, smaller plugs would be great for smaller frags. Some of the frags, you see are these wee little frags on a big ugly plug... Smaller plug and the item in general looks much nicer. It would also be nice to be able to use different size plugs, plastic golf tees, etc....(you could even sell the size plugs to fit your racks...)

Anyway, that new design you have just looks awesome....congrats.

So green kicked butt.

New basket in the tank as of an hour ago for testing. Holes already give it a great place to tie media bags to for more flow.

• 1 month later...

I just picked up the first batch of the new media baskets cut with the fancy laser. All new RSM orders as of today will ship out with the great new design.

Pictures to come soon.

Better pictures later, quick ones for now.

Yes the green is darker, they no longer make the acrylic color that the prototype was constructed in :(

Laser engraved logo

IMG_1424.jpg

IMG_1426.jpg

IMG_1429.jpg

bluefunelement

Planning order for media racks for 24nc and 29bc and fuge rack for 29bc - when do you suspect they'll be in this new lasercut format?

Oh and clearly...Blue

Planning order for media racks for 24nc and 29bc and fuge rack for 29bc - when do you suspect they'll be in this new lasercut format?

Oh and clearly...Blue

I have a lot of NC24 baskets in stock so they will be a while. The BC29 fuge baskets will be done with the new design probably by February, maybe late January but this is a guess. The BC29 media basket may be done by thermoforming next year but I do not know when. It is a very large investment. Right now I am going to go one by one, even the new RSM design took more than pocket change to accomplish.

green looks cheap.

Why?

These mediabaskets are pretty sexy, any chance for inTank nano frag racks? :)

:ninja:

Do u have any media baskets that would fit in a Aqua Pod 12? i like the new green one. it is very sleek. :)

All current media baskets are very tank specific so no. I will be looking at the AP12 this coming year but the NC12 needs to be done first. As these become more mass produced I will have time to finally get to all these other tanks. Right now demand is very high and I enjoy the fact that customers have orders shipped ASAP.

glad you went with green.

blue is nice too, but so many companies use blue. red would have been ugly as hell.

Exactly what I was thinking Green. Blue is the go to color in the aquatic world. I needed a change no matter what color it was, the new green looks pretty nice in person. I will try and capture a few nicer shots tonight with the T1i

Well, the green on the prototype looked very nice.

But now that you have the actual unit made and the green is darker now.....meh. :unsure:

Not digging the dark green....my vote is back to blue.

Archived