Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

105G Custom Shallow Paradise!

JDigital

yeah it looks great man, cant wait to see it filled with water. and corals yippie dont want to set it up, do it now.

I WANT to set it up... but I leave on Saturday for 10days... fishytime will be tank sitting, but I'd feel bad leaving him with a freshly transferred tank.

i cant wait to start a shallow tank too!

intending to build on next june....

and by then, your tank would be teeming with life!

Look forward to it... Do you know what size you are going with?

This is going to be a sweet setup. Love the tank. The stocking list looks great as well. You're going to have a lot of color and a lot of movement that are really going to look nice.

Beautiful tank. Keep us updated with lots of pics! B)

I tried to come up with a stocking list that would provide me with exactly what you just described, lots of motion (since SPS doesn't give much.. :lol: ).. Don't worry about pics.. ;)

I'll be watching this close ... I'm trying to decide the height for my next build, which is looking like it might be 125g. Right now, it's 20" ... but I might chop a few of those inches off after seeing yours with rocks in it.

<18" or bust! :D

Thanks!

:bowdown:

Amazing looking bro!!!

B)

Thanks David. Stay Tuned! B)

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At first, I was like :o

Then, I was like :slap:

Now I'm like omgomgomgparty0024.gifomgomgomg

...that is BEAUTIFUL.

Why would you slap someone? :huh: .... :lol:

Thanks for the madd props pismo! ;)

Currently I am trying to plan the transfer.. Seeing as I got 2 experienced reefers for tank sitters over the christmas holidays, I feel fairly safe doing it. Just limited on equipment (powerheads/heaters) and time (i leave saturday)

I've got close 60-70G of water ready, 28G from the cube, 15G from a temp tank I have LR cooking in, 5-7G from my current sump and about 20G of fresh made SW...

Just figuring out where I am gonna house my fish and coral during the transfer is tricky part as the transfer will probably take alot of tomorrow and some of wednesday.

anyways, back to planning.. :)

I'm going ahead with the transfer tomorrow... hope to take down the 30 (livestock in orig tank water, heaters, powerhead) take the 30G off the stand, finish bolting the extension, drop the 105G on the new stand and load up the 105 with 40% new SW, New LR(pre-cooked), Old LR(recently pulled from 30G), fish, Old tank water. Basically a large Water change that requires a new tank.. haha.

I'm pretty sure that as long as I keep my temps and pH of old and new water the same, the transfer should go smooth. I'll fire up the carbon as soon as everything is in the new tank, maybe pickup a 2nd phosban for Rowaphos (not really in the budget). Obviously some of the SPS will be upset, and lighting will be ghetto until I get back.

Will try and get some pics for you guys tomorrow as I work my way through it! fingerscrossed

2YearOldElegance
Maybe.... just thinking... visually.

1-2 Serranocirrhitus latus:

p-89291-Fathead-Sunburst.jpg

4-5x Apogon leptacanthus:

p-90101-cardinalfish.jpg

1x Ecsenius stigmatura:

p-39334-tail-spot-blenny.jpg

1x Ecsenius midas:

p-71783-midas.jpg

A midas blenny in a shallow tank is a big no-no. They don't call them "rock skippers" for nothing!

So here is where I am at this morning...

30G is SHUTDOWN! Emptied the LR w/ attached coral to a 30G Brute trash can/5G bucket with tank water (heaters/powerheads too). 2 Clowns are in the 5G alone, the other guys are in the Brute trash can...

Old sump has been pulled and needs a clean up BAD! sooo many feather dusters!! I'll end up using this tank as my ATO reservoir later.

Just got my roommate to help me toss the 105G up on the stand.. So far I've added about 25G of fresh SW.. I think I might be a bit short on my water supply so I am making up a new 15G batch just in case.

Only got pics of the tank empty on the stand.... You guys will have to wait for the rest... ;)

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

To be continued!

wow

Thanks

How many returns are you going to have in the end. I only see the one...

Pretty tank

Thanks, Only running the single return. All my flow is coming in the form of Vortechs and Tunzes.

Double WOW!

Double Thanks!

i keep clicking on this damn thread expecting to see some rocks, and i always leave broken hearted.

Got some of the new and some of the old in... Temp is a bit low right now.. 22 instead of my usual 26.. so working to get that up before the rest of my old LR and coral/fish get added. Moar pics lata! B)

It's certainly not pretty right now...

I'm on pins and needles keeping an eye on my fish.. Clowns don't seem phased at all, but the rest are pretty spooked. Tank is now under a completely lights out darkness...

quick messy pic before I turned the lights off... its nothing special right now..

IMG_0124.jpg

keep us updated :happy:

tank looks great lol

Thanks man.. See below for update. ;)

MORE PICS!

I'm BUSY!!!!! :angry: .... :P

killer tank man. i think the shallow looks awesome!

Thanks.. I think I'll really like it..

So... after a lot of work and a lot of stress yesterday, everything is in the tank and recovering. Slowly been adding fresh saltwater through out the day today and will continue until I get up to the return.. I'm waiting for my baffles to finish converting the 30G cube into my sump.. As you can see, fits like a glove. Now the hunt is on to find a skimmer short enough to do the job.

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

Started doing the plumbing tonight. Herbie overflow.. etc etc.. Can't get to far on the plumbing until the sump is baffled. Dunno why I made this B&W, but thought it would be a neat change. :razz:

IMG_0128.jpg

this will be my favriot tank ever (evan better than the un-buget shallow "Aussie" LFS tank that's been up for six years,WOW) i want 1 AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

Archived