Coral Vue Hydros

105G Custom Shallow Paradise!

JDigital

AARRR i cant wait and it's not evan my tank lol

Unfortunately, It wasn't my tank that showed up on Sunday at the store... So I am still waiting. :angry:

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What are those two black rods standing straight up? Are those to hold the light?

Yea it's part of my light rack.. :) Just didn't have the rack part up during that pic.

IMG_0490.jpg

I want to see this tank so bad. I love shallow tanks. Can i have it when you get your 190 gallon? :flower: lol

This will most likely get converted into my sump tank on my future upgrade (which will be larger than 190G).. haha

Sorry. :lol:

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!! this is so anoying

it's my bday in thre days and there better be pics by then na lol just kiding but it is my bday in three days

shallow tanks are the best! Following along...

Thanks

You are gonna love those dimensions, man. Should be a nice change-up from what you've got!

Ya, I am getting a bit antsy for it... planning to have it quite open for swimming, lots of small fish.. I've found that larger tanks look more natural with smaller fish rather than the big boys... So that's something I will try, however I do plan to have a Powder Brown in this tank. :)

Ya, I am getting a bit antsy for it... planning to have it quite open for swimming, lots of small fish.. I've found that larger tanks look more natural with smaller fish rather than the big boys... So that's something I will try, however I do plan to have a Powder Brown in this tank. :)

That was my plan for my new system, I think a bunch of smaller fish schooled make the tank look much bigger than it actually is, rather than crowding a bunch of big fish in. Plus, the smaller fish add a lot of dynamic movement to a tank which is a great effect.

What other stock do you have in mind?

Demon - Not sure I will have enough LR in the display for 2 mandarin. but time will tell.

That was my plan for my new system, I think a bunch of smaller fish schooled make the tank look much bigger than it actually is, rather than crowding a bunch of big fish in. Plus, the smaller fish add a lot of dynamic movement to a tank which is a great effect.

What other stock do you have in mind?

Just an idea...

3-4x Pseudanthias squamipinnis

Pseudanthias_squamipinnis2.jpg

2-3x Nemateleotris magnifica

firefish1.jpg

2-3x Pseudochromis Aldabraensis

pseudochromis_aldabraensis.jpg

1x Opistognathus randalli:

p-71185-black-cap-jawfish.jpg

1x Halichoeres chrysus:

p-76385-wrasse.jpg

1x Centropyge potteri

Centropyge_potteri_Makua_mtn_F.JPG

1x Centropyge bispinosus (currently have):

CBA1.jpg

2x Paired Amphiprion Ocellaris (currently have):

clowns4.jpg

1x Acanthurus japonicus:

kush3.jpg

1x Acanthurus triostegus:

tang12.jpg

Maybe.... just thinking... visually.

1-2 Serranocirrhitus latus:

p-89291-Fathead-Sunburst.jpg

4-5x Apogon leptacanthus:

p-90101-cardinalfish.jpg

1x Ecsenius stigmatura:

p-39334-tail-spot-blenny.jpg

1x Ecsenius midas:

p-71783-midas.jpg

I think the midas is a great eye catcher. Beautiful, and really neat to watch them swim. A cardinal school is neat too. I also love lots of schools of little fish. A flame angel, maybe? Or even a flame wrasse...:D

Personally I'd be wary of the Potter's and the Coral Beauty together, as well as the Convict and the Japonicus. I've heard too many instances of both going sour, and comparatively very few success stories. Also, I tend to hear of people struggling to keep less than about 9 of the Threadfin Cardinals, they seem to enjoy picking one another off below that number. No problem there though, they look gorgeous in a larger grouping.

Nice list overall, mate.

Archived