Coral Vue Hydros

105G Custom Shallow Paradise!

JDigital

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the midas is a great eye catcher. Beautiful, and really neat to watch them swim. A cardinal school is neat too. I also love lots of schools of little fish. A flame angel, maybe? Or even a flame wrasse...:D

NOOOOOO on the Potters !! Yesssssss on the Midas !

Yea the Midas is pretty eye catching... So he will most likely be on the list.

Personally I'd be wary of the Potter's and the Coral Beauty together, as well as the Convict and the Japonicus. I've heard too many instances of both going sour, and comparatively very few success stories. Also, I tend to hear of people struggling to keep less than about 9 of the Threadfin Cardinals, they seem to enjoy picking one another off below that number. No problem there though, they look gorgeous in a larger grouping.

Nice list overall, mate.

Yea, I'm totally aware of the risk of a Potters/Beauty together, so it is already a very slim chance, but I do know some local reefers who are housing 2 Centropyges in similar sized aquarium with good results.

I have housed Japonicus before quite well, hand fed, model citizen. The convict is about the only other tang I woud want to try in this tank, but still doing some reading up on them before making any final decisions.

Thanks for the tip on the Cardinals, I'll keep that in mind!

Bangaiis are awesome, I've always loved having a school of bangaiis in an aquarium!

I've never been a fan of Bangaii's... They just seem to float in the same spot forever!!! hahaha :lol:

well it's my bday to day and i was hopeing for pics of this tank

haha lol nar but it would be 1 of the best bday presies (apart from my RO,20kg salt,8kg sand,4kg LR and 8kg bace rock). :) :) :) :)

I don't remember adding one of these guys to my 30G tank, and none of the rock is from my 75G, so I'm assuming he hitch hiked with the rock I used for this tank, but can't believe I have NEVER seen him before... but welcomed none the less... :mrgreen:

IMG_0011.jpg

So I heard a rumor today that my tank might be ready by Friday. I guess only time will tell. :)

Aside from waiting around, I pulled out a spare 20G I had laying around and decided to incorporate it into this system as a fuge/extra water volume. It will be fed from a 1/2" line that I will T off my return pump. Just adding some fresh saltwater to it right now so I can bring some Live Rock home from work tomorrow and start curing it. The rest of my rock will be ordered from BRS, gonna try out their Reef Saver Dry rock.

IMG_0026.jpg

FINALLY!!... just got home with the tank... and of course it had to be -37C with a windchill today, it felt like insta-frostbite getting the tank from the back of my buddies truck to my basement... Tank is sitting in my storage/laundry room thawing out right now...

Now I need to decided whether or not to do the transfer before I leave for Christmas on the 19th.

Couple crappy pics... I apologize for the mess, like I said, its sort of a storage area. :P

Hope you guys like it. ;)

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

Thanks nemmy...

I had been debating whether I should have gone 16 high with a 14" water line, but too late for that now.. I'm still very happy with the look of it. :)

Nice tank.....I love shallows, they are my favorite too. Who's your LFS? I'm in Cranbrook B.C. and go to Calgary quite often. Who do you recomend?

Nice tank.....I love shallows, they are my favorite too. Who's your LFS? I'm in Cranbrook B.C. and go to Calgary quite often. Who do you recomend?

My LFS is called Red Coral Aquarium. It's in the NW by Northland Mall. I'd recommend them, however I am a bit bias since I work there on Sundays.. :lol: Great store though, the staff is top notch and won't try and send you home with something you don't need or aren't ready for (if people are just getting started).

Give me a shout if your gonna be in anytime soon. :)

Warehouse41Ant

This is going to be a sweet setup. Love the tank. The stocking list looks great as well. You're going to have a lot of color and a lot of movement that are really going to look nice.

Beautiful tank. Keep us updated with lots of pics! B)

I'll be watching this close ... I'm trying to decide the height for my next build, which is looking like it might be 125g. Right now, it's 20" ... but I might chop a few of those inches off after seeing yours with rocks in it.

Archived