Cultivated Reef

jbm's 5.5g aio

JBM

any reason for me to play with power tools is reason enough to do a diy project. (besides i love making a mess of things)

So now i'll go and buy some dry base rock

No don't do it. No to concrete. I hear ya on having all the equipment. Thats what I did. I slowly over months started getting things for the tank.

i only have a few odds & ends left to get. But it's sneaking it past my wife that makes things difficult.

This is definitely the Hotness. With a capital H :happy:

one day it will be... you just wait & see.

i just have to remember that rome wasnt built in a day, neither will this box of hotness

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, closer day by day!

I'll probably rush to install the false wall. Fresh water test it. Then stare at an empty tank for 3 months or more.

But I know I'm not a patient person. So I'll probably set it up & let it cycle for 3 months.

spankyleatherlips

Will the metal tip cause problems with the water in the tank? I really need an ATO but am kind of tight on money right now and would like to know how you use this small pet waterer.

No the metal tube will not react with the salt water. The metal ball has been removed from mine. It works on pressure difference.

It works just like any other ato. As water evaps from the tank, the water level will go bellow the metal tip. Once this happens water will flow out of the bottle till it goes above the tip & water stops flowing.

It works & keeps the salinity in check. Other pico members use this ato & have been using this ato for over a year with no problems.

I can't take credit for it. I saw it in the diy forum. A few members where discussing if the fresh water would mix with the salt & become salt water, thus raising salinity. There where also nay-sayers that the idea wouldn't work, that the whole bottle would just empty.

Well I tried it on my very own 40b. It works very well. YAY

Archived