Pod Your Reef

jbm's 5.5g aio

JBM

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14544_209644335738_600630738_4048396_4054264_n.jpg

with an extra $20 you can float check and a battery air pump, that way you dont have metal in your tank at all. also you would not have to hang the water above the tank, but instead hide it behind.

4099745804_a5848eba1d_o.jpg

mmm.... what flavor is that>?

$1 says lemon pepper.

with an extra $20 you can float check and a battery air pump, that way you dont have metal in your tank at all. also you would not have to hang the water above the tank, but instead hide it behind.

not hanging the bottle over the tank, it will sit in the sump area & checked weekly. I highly doubt it will rust or leech chemicals, otherwise it would not be used with animals. If it bothers you that much. i'll add some flex tubing to the rig & raise the bottle up some.

$1 says lemon pepper.

better pay pismo, cause it's a meat tenderizer bottle thats filled with a specially formulated blend for french fries.

not hanging the bottle over the tank, it will sit in the sump area & checked weekly. I highly doubt it will rust or leech chemicals, otherwise it would not be used with animals. If it bothers you that much. i'll add some flex tubing to the rig & raise the bottle up some.

better pay pismo, cause it's a meat tenderizer bottle thats filled with a specially formulated blend for french fries.

You season your meats with LIES!

post-45133-1259027502_thumb.jpg

I must be a little slow tonight, not seeing how this ATO works. I'm very interested though. Does the water resevoir in the bottle all sit suspended on top of the tank with only the tip of the metal outlet floating at water level?

BadFish is exactly right. Works just like the dog bowl.

I know for some people its hard to understand, but it does work on a small scale. Large scale (I mean 100's of gallons) not so much.

So I'm coming up on 12 hours cure time. All of the silicone beads look good. Looks like I got good penetration. But like a patient reefer, I'm gonna wait till I have 48+ hours cure time, then I'll add goodies.

failed first water test miserably.

had maybe 1 gallon in the main display & water started seeping thru the bottom. Dried it out, wait till tomorrow night to re-silicone the wall.

grrr

In the end --- being an AIO a little seepage shouldn't hurt anything. Once filled and the pump cranked up that seepage will just be that little amount not going over the overflow. When the pump shuts off (power failure) the tank and all the chambers are going to level out anyway.

Besides if you used silicone with acrylic then eventually the silicone bond with the acrylic is going to seep anyway as silicone is not a viable sealant for acrylic over the long duration of a tank. It should hold everything in place properly over the long haul just not remain properly bonded to the acrylic.

Don't sweat it as long as it wasn't major seepage.

Warehouse41Ant

Yeah, I'd add another bead, will hold a bit longer if nothing else. I've never personally noticed a problem with silicone and acrylic, but I've only done one project with it!

False wall looks awesome. B)

Still following along, can't wait to see it progress.

well i ran a phat bead along the bottom.

if it holds it holds. if it does not..... well w/e

also siliconed in the supports for my media rack.... Gonna let everything cure till friday mid day, than sand & water go in.

Tell her you also won "A BRAND NEW CAR" :P JK

"Another fish tank" :lol: At least that's what my wife would say.

Keep it, sell it, trade it it's yours buddy.

I'm not done yet but you won the big one.

Tell her you also won "A BRAND NEW CAR" :P JK

"Another fish tank" :lol: At least that's what my wife would say.

Keep it, sell it, trade it it's yours buddy.

I'm not done yet but you won the big one.

:-)

dont worry im gonna keep it.

Archived