ReefCleaners.org

1.3g pico. Coming soon!

ryzilla

Hi all. I have been lurking for a little while and decided to take the plunge into the world of pico. I have a 1.3g glass rimless made by Ocean Free that is 7.5L" x 7.5H" x 5.5D". Total volume with filters included is roughly 2.25g. Here is my breakdown

Tank - 1.3g glass rimless.

Fuge - Modded Aquaclear 70. Didnt fit the 7.5". NOW IT DOES!!

Flow - Mini 501 turtle filter with rubble. For extra water volume and flow. The AC is going to be turned WAY down.

Lightin - 2x13 pc retro with parabolic reflectors. 1x13w 10k and 1x13 50/50. Also 1x13w 6500 for the fuge.

Live Rock - 2-3lbs

Live Sand - 2lbs

Fauna

• palys
  • zoas
  • shrooms
  • Shrimp??? Can I ??? What would work.
  • CUC?? What and how many???

Pics to come

• 2 weeks later...

do you think it would be crazy to add a RBTA to 1.3g? I am thinking about setting up this tank this weekend. And once my params are in good shape I will just keep a CUC and my fuge going. Once 6 months come ill add a RBTA. I know the RBTA would bother the crap out of anything else I put in there. What are your thoughts on the RBTA???

Do not put a BTA in a 1.3g tank. It would either die due to fluctuating water parameters, sting everything else, or fill the entire tank. Either way, nearly everything in the tank would eventually die. Don't do it. ;)

Do not put a BTA in a 1.3g tank. It would either die due to fluctuating water parameters, sting everything else, or fill the entire tank. Either way, nearly everything in the tank would eventually die. Don't do it. ;)

point taken. No BTA for me... Ok. Palys only tank then.

point taken. No BTA for me... Ok. Palys only tank then.

Haha, good. ;)

The rest of the setup sounds like a decent plan. The only shrimp I'd recommend for a tank this small would be sexy shrimp. Check those out and see if you'd be interested. As far as CUC is concerned, I had a 1.5g without any traditional cleaners (just what hitchhiked in on the rocks) and I never really had any problems. I suppose a single, small astrea or cerith snail could do a decent job in keeping things tidy. Good luck.

Archived