ReefCleaners.org

Evilc66's Barracuda

evilc66

Not sure. Depends on how we feel about dimming control.

Please, please, please - dimming controls yes!!!!! Separate controls for blue/white including power would be even better!

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the tank is not doing so hot right now.

I ended up replacing the tank after the original acrylic tank developed a leak from what seemed like too much stress from the front panel bowing too much. Not Deli's fault, as my tank was one of the very first tanks he ever built. Anyway, Deli, being the cool guy that he is, hooked me up with a new glass tank (this thing is a work of art). So anyway, I didn't think that the sandbed would have been mature enough to create issues when I transfered it, but it did. Tank started crashing, so corals got pulled, but a lot of the snails started dying. Did you know that decaying snails smell like poop (literally) in open air? Not a fun smell.

So the tank is cycling again, and I have carbon going and water changes going every few days to soft cycle it. Kinda bummed, but looking forward to a fresh start.

That's pretty heavy, man. Sucks, but at the same time it's always good to get a fresh start at things. Gonna do anything different this time or stick to the same MO? :)

Still waiting for levels to come down. Starting to get a diatom bloom again. I'm going to be doing a few water changes over the next few days to see if I can get this cycle over with.

man sorry to hear that Evil, your tanks was one of my favorites, but im sure the new version will be just as good if not better, any ideas on which direction you want to take it? same as last time?

Oh No evil! Sorry to hear about your tank! Hopefully you will get things back to normal soon. i almost went with this tank for my new born child but anyways keep us posted! i enjoyed all your work and what you have done for NR. thanks!

Well that's annoying....

GL with the restart.

It's a little annoying. It would be worse if I had more in the tank. I hadn't added that much, so it wasn't that much of a heartbreak to tear it down. Anyway, I have a spiffy new glass one which is way better than the old acrylic. I can see why Deli dropped the acrylic line. He does such a good job with glass.

The old tank won't go to waste though. I'm going to clean it up, brace the top of the front panel, and fix the leak. I'm thinking of giving it to a friend that wants to get into reefing, but is on a tight budget for equipment. I have most of what he needs. There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that I would be allowed to start another tank :lol:

man sorry to hear that Evil, your tanks was one of my favorites, but im sure the new version will be just as good if not better, any ideas on which direction you want to take it? same as last time?

No real changes. Definitely want to keep more sps in this one, and I have the light to do it.

Oh No evil! Sorry to hear about your tank! Hopefully you will get things back to normal soon. i almost went with this tank for my new born child but anyways keep us posted! i enjoyed all your work and what you have done for NR. thanks!

Congrats on the kiddo. Don't let what happened to mine put you off these great tanks. Mine was an original acrylic that Deli isn't even selling any more. Any new tanks will be all glass and won't have this problem.

It will live again, just a little different :)

Evil was nice enough to be my test monkey :lol:

Kudos to all the guys that do acrylic tanks.. It ain't easy.

No acrylic tanks anymore just glass. Way better in many many ways!

Then again I am a bit bias. :P

check this floor lamp out $80 aussie dollars. It slides up and down. I can always cut back a bit to make it looks a bit less intrusive, once i find the desired height. I will take the shade off for heat issues. But it does look good with it on. Whatcha reckon?

flamp2.jpg

I got my lamp (sweet..... I took a quick pic . I couldnt work out how to rotate it. Anyway i have finished cycling now. I am going to ad some crew soon. Lamp is great just trying to work out the holder side of things. I think there is enough light for anything i want to keep. Thank for all your hard work to get the light to this stage. So the average reefer can get some decent light .cheers. ps do you think the light is to close,it about 5 inches away

ledoverreef015.jpg

check this floor lamp out $80 aussie dollars. It slides up and down. I can always cut back a bit to make it looks a bit less intrusive, once i find the desired height. I will take the shade off for heat issues. But it does look good with it on. Whatcha reckon?

We had similar ideas on using a floor lamp to hold Evilc's PAR38 bulb . . . :D

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=2657087

Archived