Pod Your Reef

Evilc66's Barracuda

evilc66

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't wait to see this LED fixture . . .

Currently working on a Picotope build and have a new dual 12" current satellite waiting to go on it, but I was considering the par38 pendant and now this! Having individual controls over the actinic, daylight and moonlight on the satellite is great - but not having to change lamps for almost forever is even better :)

Evilc66, any chance these can be modded to be dimmable if they aren't offered that way?

Won't be in the classifieds. When it's ready, it will be for sale on the Nanocustoms/Nanotuners website.

sellout.... :mellow:

j/k :P

*make yer $$ son!

Can't wait to see this LED fixture . . .

Currently working on a Picotope build and have a new dual 12" current satellite waiting to go on it, but I was considering the par38 pendant and now this! Having individual controls over the actinic, daylight and moonlight on the satellite is great - but not having to change lamps for almost forever is even better :)

Evilc66, any chance these can be modded to be dimmable if they aren't offered that way?

Because of the patent issue currently in place, these may not ship dimmable. We are still deciding which way to go. Mine is dimmable though :)

sellout.... :mellow:

Why I oughta...!!!! :P

Either option would work, and the quality seems similar on both. Those are probably going to be your only two commercial options though for the time being.

what about the new pico lamps on my 6g would that suffice. i want to eventually kept a range of corals . If i could use them would i go 1 or 2. Sorry for all the questions buy i want to get it right. If there is such a thing

There are 5 LEDs in the PAR38. I have a feeling I know where your question is leading, and you have 9 LEDs to provide more consistant coverage for your tank. The 5 LEDs that are used in the PAR38s create a very different look (much more pronounced shadows), and the optics raise the PAR levels. Your setup will have about the same PAR levels (as well as being adjustable) with the LEDs mounted closer to the tank, but will have far more even coverage.

There are 5 LEDs in the PAR38. I have a feeling I know where your question is leading, and you have 9 LEDs to provide more consistant coverage for your tank. The 5 LEDs that are used in the PAR38s create a very different look (much more pronounced shadows), and the optics raise the PAR levels. Your setup will have about the same PAR levels (as well as being adjustable) with the LEDs mounted closer to the tank, but will have far more even coverage.

Cheers! Glad I went with the 9 then definitelty :) Building my pendant right now, hopefully ready in a week

Why do you love Orbitech? Nothing to love there IMO. If they actually had a product on the market, that would be one thing.

Luxeons are similar, and the tint from one LED to the next is pretty close. The end colors are slightly different than the Crees, but nothing off-putting. The royals seem to have a little more purple to them. One of these days I'll get an XR-E and a Rebel on the spectrometer to see the spectral differences.

First and foremost I'm an aerospace nut... which means it's a bit of a sore point seeing the bull#### associated with reefing going against their other research. Regardless of any allegiance... I'm just interested to see what would be possible in an open market. Progress is a powerful thing, and I guess some are afraid of it. Sucks but it's life.

I'd definitely love to see a spectral analysis of them side-by-side, unlike most other forms of lighting there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of spectrum plots to go off of available to us. Still, the proof seems to be in the pudding in terms of colour quality.. :)

Do you ever get tired of talking Leds?It just seems thats all people ask you about.

By the way love the tank and the water line on the side is a great idea wish I would of thought of that when I painted mine.lol

Any idea at all what the new fixtures price rang will be??

Not yet. Trying to keep it as low as possible.

Do you ever get tired of talking Leds?It just seems thats all people ask you about.

By the way love the tank and the water line on the side is a great idea wish I would of thought of that when I painted mine.lol

Never get tired of it. IMO, the more people talk about it, the more people are going to be willing to use the technology. I'm a big fan of lighting technology in general.

Sure. Hope you like it.

check this floor lamp out $80 aussie dollars. It slides up and down. I can always cut back a bit to make it looks a bit less intrusive, once i find the desired height. I will take the shade off for heat issues. But it does look good with it on. Whatcha reckon?

flamp2.jpg

Not yet. Trying to keep it as low as possible.

O.k. Well you will let us all know when pricing is released....... That would be somethin I'd be all over for my Finnex!

Sleek, high performance, elegant fixture..... ;)

check this floor lamp out $80 aussie dollars. It slides up and down. I can always cut back a bit to make it looks a bit less intrusive, once i find the desired height. I will take the shade off for heat issues. But it does look good with it on. Whatcha reckon?

flamp2.jpg

Looks good to me.

O.k. Well you will let us all know when pricing is released....... That would be somethin I'd be all over for my Finnex!

Sleek, high performance, elegant fixture..... ;)

Of course I will let you guys know. I have a different mount for the Finnex and JBJ crew. It will be a side mount so that you can still keep HOB filters on the back wall.

Of course I will let you guys know. I have a different mount for the Finnex and JBJ crew. It will be a side mount so that you can still keep HOB filters on the back wall.

Nice.

Will there be options as far as color combos? Meaning LED combo....15K,20K, ect..

Archived