Top Shelf Aquatics

Evilc66's Barracuda

evilc66

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Working on it (for the group buy anyway). Have you been bad or good this year? ;)

Are we talking Christian church bad? Or just bad, bad? Because I've been good by almost all metrics, but probably not by the Christian standard.

I had been considering upgrading for my move into the dorms, but down-sizing is looking more and more appealing.

Get a sweet-ass tank, some leds, nice little heater, and call it done. I think I might build a cube myself though.

Looking at the pics of his tank it almost looks like each LED might producing both blue and white light.......Evil am I on the right track as far as your "new" fixture?

Sorry, everyone. Been busy the last few weeks. So, here is a little sneak peek:

DSC_04040004.jpg

DSC_04070001.jpg

It's currently over the Barracuda as you can see. The top cover is the mount and will be different for different tank setups. There will be a side mount for tanks like the JBJ Picos or Finnex 4g where the filters are typically mounted on the back.

I don't have any pictures of the bottom side that I want you to see :) It's not too pretty right now. It's running 12 Luxeon Rebel LEDs (8 cool white, 4 royal blue) at a max of 700mA (adjustable on this one at least)

Top side has a small frameless fan that sits inside the heatsink nicely. It keeps the heatsink ice cold.

I'm trying to get a more polished version built before I show more pictures.

Archived