Top Shelf Aquatics

SoCal's 20H EssPeeEss Reef

Arkayology

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i thought maroons were more aggressive. haha

a quick question, is the K1 your only source of flow?

Ya, the Maroons are usually very aggressive towards other clowns from what I have read since my Occ. is larger then it, I think there is some pairing/general aggression going on.

and yes, the only source of flow atm is a K1. I think that it provides plenty of flow for my tank. I found that a K2 was too much and I don't know if I feel like adding another K1 would be good either.

The maroon and the nem - ;) That's awesome that it happened so quick...

How big is tha clam? Looks like about 2-3 inches. is it mounted to anything yet? My only thought would be to move him to one of the rocks, or put a rock under it so that when it does attach, it's not to the bottom of the tank.

You have really got a nice looking tank!

The maroon and the nem - ;) That's awesome that it happened so quick...

How big is tha clam? Looks like about 2-3 inches. is it mounted to anything yet? My only thought would be to move him to one of the rocks, or put a rock under it so that when it does attach, it's not to the bottom of the tank.

You have really got a nice looking tank!

Ya, I was surprised that the Maroon took to it so quickly. Now the Occ. clown will not leave the nem! It is like it needed another clown to show it what to do or something. Too bad I am getting rid of the Occ. clown. O well.

The clam is about 3 inches. I have moved it towards the top of the tank so it can attach to the rock. I only had it in the sand for a couple of days so I could see how it did and ponder on its placement.

Thanks for the compliments :) I have been working hard on this thing.

Just read this whole thread from start to finish... Wow and Awesome are the first two words that come to mind.

I'm also starting a 20H and this thread was extremely informative.

Awesome to see all the updates and new pictures.

I was going to put two K1's in on either side, is that overkill for the same type of tank?

Also Violinist do you play the Violin? (Probably a stupid question).

Great looking tank though Dude.

I was going to put two K1's in on either side, is that overkill for the same type of tank?

Great looking tank though Dude.

Thanks for the compliments.

I don't think it would be overkill at all to have a K1 at both ends. You may get a bit more flow then you would want for LPS or certain softies, but it would be alright with the right positioning.

Nice tank you got there.

I read an earlier post about you not wanting to get a pistol and a six line. Nothing will be able to get to a pistol shrimp, and a six line wouldn't bother one. I had both for years in the same tank. Just in case you still wanted one.

Nice tank you got there.

I read an earlier post about you not wanting to get a pistol and a six line. Nothing will be able to get to a pistol shrimp, and a six line wouldn't bother one. I had both for years in the same tank. Just in case you still wanted one.

Thanks for the info. I will be getting a 6line eventually. As for the pistol, my only concern is that it will not pair with my type of goby.

AHH! My Nems are moving lol. I wonder where they are going? I hope not too near to the clam, or anything else for that matter :scarry:

Weekend photo update aka I don't want to do my paper.

Here is an updated FTS, a nice clam pic (it seems to be doing very well) and a pic of my GBTA that has moved and is all scrunched up for some reason.

Cheers!

DSCN0904.jpg

DSCN0901.jpg

DSCN0903.jpg

Did you ever get a skimmer going on the tank?

Nope. I will be going skimmerless for the time being. I may still be in the market for an aquaclear though. Not really sure.

Update: I just got rid of the Occ. clown. We shall see how the Maroon does with the other tank inhabitants now that he isn't getting the $%^& kicked out of him.

I woke up today and did my usual coffee and internet thing before starting on my paper for Tuesday. I payed no attention to my tank. As I came back to my room, I looked in and let out a "HOLY S$%*". My GBTA was fully on the back side of my Crocea clam. After 15 min of working with the blunt side of my feeding tweesers and a couple of ice cubes, both are safe. Whew. That is not something you want to see when you wake up lol. I wanted to take a pic but the nem looked like it was crawling towards the mouth of the clam and I wanted to avoid any deaths.

So how was your guy's morning?

More nem anxiety. So glad I got rid of it...

But then again I'm thinking of maybe getting one for the hex lol.

I knew it!! I am planting ideas in your head :P

I moved the clam far away from either nem so it should be ok now. The nem just wanted the prime local that I had the clam in I guess.

Stopped by the LFS and left with some phytoplankton for my clam and softies and a piece of red monti cap. Yes... I know I said I wouldn't get any of that but I really wanted some red in my tank. Now I just need to find some blue acros and I am set with SPS.

No photo since we all know what monti cap looks like :P

Stopped by the LFS and left with some phytoplankton for my clam and softies and a piece of red monti cap. Yes... I know I said I wouldn't get any of that but I really wanted some red in my tank. Now I just need to find some blue acros and I am set with SPS.

No photo since we all know what monti cap looks like :P

but im dysfunctional

Picked up a pep shrimp to take care of my aptasia problem and a electric blue hermit because they look cool :)

GBTA is still looking like crap and everything else is looking good. The rescue nem is out of hiding and loves to be out in the open now. I hope it colors up into a RBTA lol.

I like my peppermint shrimp, they're cool to watch. I just picked up a fire shrimp today for the hex.

Stop posting new #### w/o pics, mother####er.

;)

Archived