Innovative Marine Aquariums

SoCal's 20H EssPeeEss Reef

Arkayology

They are nice. Here it is when I woke up this morn.

DSCN0851.jpg

have you had any problems with it moving around and stinging stuff?...thats the only thing thats keeping me from getting one lol

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply
have you had any problems with it moving around and stinging stuff?...thats the only thing thats keeping me from getting one lol

Nope. When I woke up, it was right next to the frogspawn. I don't know if it even touched it, but I have also heard that they do better around nems then others.

That's cool, I haven't seen a nem like that before. FTS looks good as well!

You haven't seen a GBTA before?

Also, I like your banner a lot. You should make me one :P

Yeah I know it sounds stupid but I've never seen one. Haven't really read much on them after getting rid of mine.

I can make you a banner, no prob.

Yeah I know it sounds stupid but I've never seen one. Haven't really read much on them after getting rid of mine.

I can make you a banner, no prob.

It really isn't that weird that you have never seen one. Maybe it is time for you to try another though :P

I kinda have a thing for nems.

Also, will be getting acans this weekend I hope!

violinist is awesome...made my sig too...how is your nem doin? do you have anything on the back of your tank btw?

I don't have anything hanging on the back but will be getting an AC 70 to stuff full of chaeto and filter floss. Is that what you mean?

Both of the nems are doing fine so far. No movement and they are eating silversides well enough. They only extend when lights are out there but I hope that they start to extend when the lights are on in a couple of weeks so that my clown has the opportunity to host.

I got bored around lunch time and I rescapped. We shall see what I get at the fish store tomorrow to start filling in this open real estate I have. BTW, most of the corals look angry because I just got done moving them all over the tank.

DSCN0855.jpg

Scape looks good. What are you planning to pick up, or just going to see what they have? How's that nem doing?

I am planning on getting a crocea clam depending on what they have there. I will also get a cleaner shrimp and maybe some small frags of zoas, acros or acans also depending on what they have. I really am getting tired of my tank looking empty-ish.

The big nem is doing fine so far. Bubbles up really nicely in the light, eats whatever I toss in it. The smaller one is still pretty white but has grown a little since I got it. I may end up selling the smaller one when it colors up. I think you should try a nem again :P

@Pismo Thanks dude! I spent over an hour trying to figure out what to do with it. I almost drove to the LFS to buy a couple new pieces of LR because I was sick of what I had lol. I guess I am never going to be 100% pleased with the scape I have

I don't really have any room for a nem. If it didn't like the one or two little spots available and went walking around it could really do some damage.

Will definitely be keeping tabs on your clam though if you get one... Will also be insanely jealous.

Looking forward to see what you pick up. Time to go change the water here.

Update!

I picked up a crocea clam, a cleaner shrimp and a maroon clown from a fish store outside of SB. I am acclimating them atm and will post pics soon.

and before anyone says it... I am planning on getting rid of my Occ. Clown. He is getting kinda big for the tank. I know there may be probs with the maroon, but the Occ. will be gone soon. It also helps that the maroon is smaller I think.

Sorry for the teasers, but I will update as I get pics and stuff. Very excited for the new clam! It sure is a bute and what a price I paid (cheap).

Here is my Crocea clam and Maroon Clown. The clam extended that far after 10min in the tank. I hope this is a good sign. Enjoy.

DSCN0893.jpg

DSCN0887.jpg

Looks good. I like those non-Nemo looking clowns. Someday my clowns will die and I will replace them with cooler fish...

Clam looks good too, where's the shrimp?

I came home back to my apt. from wine tasting in beautiful weather (I know, it's hard living in SoCal) and look what I found...!!!!!!

DSCN0894.jpg

I am pretty excited! The clam, nem and everything else is doing well.

Here is an updated FTS since I moved things around and so y'all can see the new additions.

DSCN0896.jpg

BTW Violinist, I will be your friend forever if you make me a new sig with the clown hosting the nem and my clam! :flower: Lemme know when you got time and I'll get some good pic for you :)

Archived