inTank Media Baskets

DIY Glass Scraper

mew

theres a stainless steel blade with a titanium edge. the stainless steel will rust over time but the edge wont and thats the part that really matters.

i had all these material lying around already; blades for fragging, aquamend for attaching corals.

just thought i'd share since i was scraping walls today.

i had all these material lying around already; blades for fragging, aquamend for attaching corals.

just thought i'd share since i was scraping walls today.

no no, I get it, props for diy and whatnot, ingenuity is cool. but you posted the prices, and I remembered I got mine for like five bucks, and it's a pretty blue. :)

yours is much better for small nano and pico tanks though. in fact, there's a corner of my NW9 that could use a little kebob action...

no no, I get it, props for diy and whatnot, ingenuity is cool. but you posted the prices, and I remembered I got mine for like five bucks, and it's a pretty blue. :)

yours is much better for small nano and pico tanks though. in fact, there's a corner of my NW9 that could use a little kebob action...

He can get multiple cleaners off of 6 dollars though :D

I made one today from a razor and a chopstick. I used my normal scraper for the vast majority of the glass (it's wider than the razor), and your design for the tight spaces. great for small nanos, esp since my rock is up close to the glass. there's a market for a micro scraper, imo.

and if you design and sell one, I want royalties! ;)

Did it this weekend in some hard to reach places - sure beats the hell out of getting my arm wet up to my elbows :)

Pretty effortless, only thing is you have to get the angle right when scraping but if your "skewer" is flexible, and you hold it just right... it pushes down with enough pressure to get coralline off rather easily.

Also, I was lazy and did mine without the Aquamend - it worked out pretty well.

i made a new one with a small petco card, and i was going to post pics, but i can't find my camera....

this one won't ever rust, as small as the razor one, but it's not quite as good as the razor.

Archived