SaltCritters.com

Monthly Reef Profile (TOTM) Nominations

Christopher Marks

+1 for dpoltstdsu!! There is just something about a tank full of Zoas. I can't really explain it other than to say it has an old time antique look to it. Just beautiful.

It looks beautifully mature.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

DAMN! So many GREAT looking Tanks!! It is hard to "Nominate" Just 1. They ALL Look awesome and are great inspirations for this new Reefer.

• Like 1
Deleted User 9

Peace All.

It's wonderful to see all these beautiful tanks and set up, being nominated to T.O.T.M.
What's SAD to Me is that Brandon429, Created Vase Reef Keeping over 11 years ago,
and has been on this site for so many years, breaking through so many barriers that were
a mind set back in the days, opening the doors for so many to be inspired and start their own
Pico Reefs, Documenting, Archiving, Videos, Hundreds of Pics, Blogs,Proven Techniques, Loyalty, Creativity, Inventions,
and a Unique and Successful Vase Reef, Pico Reef, and all the hours and hard work put forth
on this site, for all!! A major breaking through in the set ways of Reef Keeping, and his Vase Reef
gets overlooked, as a past time. Not Serious enough..What A Shame!!

What is the Criteria?
Whatever those Criteria's are or were,
After 11 Years, I think that speaks for itself..
That's longer than most will ever keep their own Reefs, Marine Tanks, etc..

I respect All here. And I appreciate this Site and All that it contributes to the world of Reef Keeping, Hobbyist, All.

So I want to Congratulate All, Past and Present, T.O.T.M. Winners, and Nominated Participants!!
All that have their Tanks,Set UPs here, on this great site!!
Truly Great and Very Much Appreciated.
I Thank You All!!!

But I NOMINATE Brandon429!!!!!

11 years with a Vase Reef.
Ground Breaking Science.
Information and Documented For So Many Years!!!
Unique In Every Way.
Pioneer of Vase and Micro Reef Keeping
All The Hard Work And Constantly Probing
Into the Unseen.

Not only for his Vase Reef Today..
But All Those Years Overlooked!!
Year After Years..

Blessings All.

With All Due Respect,
And Appreciation...

post-86452-0-73628300-1460737708_thumb.jpg

post-86452-0-19989400-1460737754_thumb.jpg

post-86452-0-98282400-1460738163_thumb.jpg

post-86452-0-10160500-1460738218_thumb.jpg

post-86452-0-55337300-1460769982.jpg

post-86452-0-30790700-1460769999.jpg

post-86452-0-65134400-1460770045.jpg

• Like 7

Peace All.

It's wonderful to see all these beautiful tanks and set up, being nominated to T.O.T.M.

What's SAD to Me is that Brandon429, Created Vase Reef Keeping over 11 years ago,

and has been on this site for so many years, breaking through so many barriers that were

a mind set back in the days, opening the doors for so many to be inspired and start their own

Pico Reefs, Documenting, Archiving, Videos, Hundreds of Pics, Blogs,Proven Techniques, Loyalty, Creativity, Inventions,

and a Unique and Successful Vase Reef, Pico Reef, and all the hours and hard work put forth

on this site, for all!! A major breaking through in the set ways of Reef Keeping, and his Vase Reef

gets overlooked, as a past time. Not Serious enough..What A Shame!!

What is the Criteria?

Whatever those Criteria's are or were,

After 11 Years, I think that speaks for itself..

That's longer than most will ever keep their own Reefs, Marine Tanks, etc..

I respect All here. And I appreciate this Site and All that it contributes to the world of Reef Keeping, Hobbyist, All.

So I want to Congratulate All, Past and Present, T.O.T.M. Winners, and Nominated Participants!!

I Thank You All!!!

Ground Breaking Science.

Unique In Every Way.

Into the Unseen.

Year After Years..

Blessings All.

With All Due Respect,

And Appreciation...

You're right.

I second the nomination for Brandons Vase reef.

• Like 1
Nano sapiens

I NOMINATE Brandon429!!!!!

If I take an honest look at the vase as a receptacle for presentation the highly distorted shape makes it somewhat difficult to judge the display accurately in a 2-D photo and this *may* play a role in the NTOTM decision process.. However, I'm sure that looking at the vase personally would provide a much clearer perspective and appreciation. Perhaps a walk-around video is the best way to look at a pico vase and the next best thing to being there :)

Personally, I think vase reefs are a neat and unique expression of the nano/pico reef keeping hobby. Brandon certainly has pushed the boundaries of what can be done with very little, for a very long time, and I'm also impressed by Maritza's vase (and a few others).

I'd also like to see Brandon's pico vase seriously considered for TOTM on this site.

• Like 5

I Thank You All!!!

Ground Breaking Science.
Unique In Every Way.
Into the Unseen.

Year After Years..

Blessings All.

With All Due Respect,
And Appreciation...

I have followed brandons work since I've been here on NR and am very impressed with him and his work, but I have one question. Which of his tanks are you nominating that are currently operating with updated threads? I discovered this is part of the criteria for choosing our "monthly reef profile" but the only thread I could find was his vase reef with the last entry dated July 2015. I would like to second it also if it meets criteria.

AVIATOR300

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I would like to nominate Kats 50g cadlights artisan. Going from her RSM to this tank she lost a lot of her prized colonies but with persistence she grew them back into bigger and beautiful pieces with amazing color. I think she deserves recognition because her tank is stunning.

26807335176_d28c4b18f7_k.jpg

• Like 4

1 year has been the loose requirement, not that there was ever a formal requirement. Kat's tank looks great, and I'm sure like every tank that stays well maintained will look better the older it gets. I think being a part of the community is a big part of ToTM and how much they contribute. There are a lot of nice tanks out there, some older, some younger, and there is only one ToTM each month.

As for Brandon429, he while not as active on the forums, clearly has had major impact on the community in proving what is possible where people thought was impossible. I'd love to see him get some kind of feature for his efforts, and I'd love to see an update on his tanks too.

• Like 6
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Monthly Reef Profile (TOTM) Nominations