ReefCleaners.org

Clavius' 34g Solana

Clavius85

If you want better fans, I would suggest looking into computer forums. There are numerous tests done on different types of fans to see which move the highest cfm and and what sound db. I built my computer rig with their recommendations and ive got one hell of a quiet computer. right off the bat, i would say if u can find brands like scythe and sanyo denkis. i dont know what the silent-x fans are, but i know there is a brand called silen-x. if they're the same, dont believe the crap, their fans dont move jack squat for their quietness. i'm going to replace the fan on my extreme soon and will probably be going with scythe as i can find them locally easily

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sweet, now get some water in there! btw, how are you attaching your moonlight? And do you like it?

-Mike B)

It attaches to the side via 3 suction cups. So far I like it. It might be a little too bright but we'll see once I get some water in it.

• 2 weeks later...

Still haven't received my rock. Hopefully it will come tomorrow. But in the meantime I went ahead and made the RO/DI water in the tank into saltwater. After 20 cups of reef crystals salt my SG is a little high, so I'll have to fix that. I got it pretty close though.

The mess I made:

IMG_1284.jpg?t=1258166415

Salt slowly dissolving:

IMG_1286.jpg?t=1258166443

Also, I'm using a 100W Stealth heater. It should be powerful enough for this tank, right? I ask because after 2 days with it on it has only gotten the tank up to 75F. Even though I have the thermometer on the heater set to 80F.

Well, here she is all setup and running. Still waiting on my rock to arrive...

IMG_1287.jpg?t=1258333756

I may have to buy a 150w heater, though. I don't think the 100w I bought is powerful enough. Also, I ordered the wood frame top kit from Current. The glass top that came with the tank just wasn't going to work with Nova Extreme Pro.

SolanaFrameKits.jpg

looking great man! what type of rocks are those because it is good for placement for corals! My rocks don't have much texture so i had to come up with a plan A and B. i had to ziptie my rocks together. lol

looking great man! what type of rocks are those because it is good for placement for corals! My rocks don't have much texture so i had to come up with a plan A and B. i had to ziptie my rocks together. lol

Thanks! The rock is from Reefcleaners

i think its great. Lotsa room for corals, and ample sand space in front.

good job,

-Mike :)

Thanks, Mike!

Have you ever noticed any aggression from your sixline? I noticed in your tank thread you had it with two clowns in a 12g. I have always wanted one but am scared that it will bully my other fish.

Have you ever noticed any aggression from your sixline? I noticed in your tank thread you had it with two clowns in a 12g. I have always wanted one but am scared that it will bully my other fish.

Yeah, I had the Six-Line in my 12g for a few weeks. I haven't noticed any aggression at all. It and the clowns seem to get along perfectly fine. But it's a very small Six-Line, so that may have something to do with it.

Archived