inTank Media Baskets

D'Espresso's Secret 5.5g Pico tank

d'Espresso

AWESOME ON A STICK!!! It's so beautiful, colourful and healthy! You're also a whiz with a camera.

Man, I can't wait until my tank matures more and I get a lighting upgrade. :P

Following this thread! :wub:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm lovin' this setup! :)

I actually just de-rimmed and setup a 5.5g myself... they look awesome! Check out my build thread sometime in the future once I get some cool stuff in there and let me know what you think!

Water change is done plus just added a new member to the tank. I have asked and placed an order of a Tail spot blenny for more then 3 months. Just recently i stopped by my LFS and found out that they carried them. It was amazing that they got them in so i bought 2 tail spot for one for this tank and the bigger one for my other tank. They are some nice blenny and very active funny to watch them perch off bottom rock and sticking their little head out scooping out the reef.

i will get some new picture updated soon! :happy:

I love this awesomeness in such a small tank

Are you worried about having 3 fishes in a 5.5?

Im a little hesitant with putting 3 in my 10gal... shouldnt be too bad right?

This is an awesome tank! So beautiful and full of life. (Shh.... don't tell anyone... Three fish in a 5.5 freaks me out unless its three neon gobies.)

lol.. I didn't wanna broke out the bad news but last week was a very bad week for both of my wife and i. then my power went out at night when we was sleeping, i woke up the next morning to find out that my little picasso decided to jump out and lay on the carpet all stiff up. So nothing could of replaced my picasso so today i finally got the fish that i always wanted. So now there is only 2 fish in there. My Ben steeler wheeler and my new Tail spot Blenny. It's about 1" 1/2 small and cute. No worries!

• 2 weeks later...

Today did some pruning, fragging, moving, and re-aquascape. Also did a water change and tank is looking more healthy each day. I was babysitting the one piece rock that had my orange montipora in the tank recently but i have moved back to my big tank. So there is no montipora in my tank for now.

bad news: Disappointed my picasso decided to suicide.

Well, new picture will be posted up soon..

Well both fish jumped out the tank. 3 weeks ago my picasso jumped out and now my wheeler goby jumped out this week too.

I have taken care that jumping issue by fitting a piece of acyclic on top to help keep the fish from jumping or surfing.

There is some new member to the tank, i got my order in this week and brought home a Pom-pom crab, transfer my other TR clownfish over to the tank because i found a paired designer clownfish that will be going to be in the big tank. Also got some baby small NASS, should help me with my light brown algae on the sand bed. :) Let see how they will do for now.

Couple new shots of my collections:

Can you all name a few for which i am not sure of the names thanks!

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0022-1.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0171-1.jpg

IMG_0008-1.jpg

IMG_0155-1.jpg

Is that a Biocube hood with DIY legs on it over your pico? If so, very innovative use of it!

It's a AQUAPOD 12 gallon hood with DIY legs from the SUNPOD 150MH, i use a drill to drill small holes on the legs and hood then i use small screw to secure them on the hood. i have measure everything to make sure it snug fit on top of the tank. It stick out on the front but doesn't look to shabby but thought i did good by putting the hood light in good use.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone.

*you can find the universal legs anywhere at your LFS but i just happen to make use of it and not put it to waste. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I love this tank! :D

This one as well as others have inspired me to work with 5.5 was just given. Who makes the light fixture?

I had custom fitted the legs of the Sunpod onto the hood of an AP12 and recycling to be used on this tank. It works out pretty well.

• 3 weeks later...
Mr. Microscope

Beautiful tank! Great images!

Could you tell us about the red LEDs? I'm curious about the wattage, type, and system. I've read the 3 Watts can be too much and very distracting.

Archived