Coral Vue Hydros

Travler83's BioCube 29g @ 19 months w/ Mandarin Dragonet Pair

Travler83

Seahorse is a no, They prefer less flow and can be stung by other corals when they try to latch their tails onto them. Also, feeding the seahorse will be very difficult due to your other critters who move much faster than a seahorse.

Allright. no seahorse

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
why has your seaflor special grade sand gone from white to brown?

Good Question. I no longer stir my sand. I also have some flow issues that need to be worked out. I have since that picture picked up a star fish which moves my sand slightly.

Secondly, Ive had a small green hair alge break out which was stopped with a black out of two days.

The sand cleared up after the black out. The tank looked amazing. The day after.

8 Months!

2010-06-01143216.jpg

nanew reefer

your tanks looking great!

i asked because I am considering getting the seaflor special grade and mixing it with some figi pink or oolight.

have you really looked around and tallied up your CUC? seems like you could use a snail o two more.

happy reefing!

• 1 month later...

Added a 1/15 Prime Current chiller to help my overheating issue. Also bought a bad ass 3in glass scrapper that does wonders.

IMG_20100805_000848.jpg

IMG_20100730_072153.jpg

Alleykat0498

My BTA was bleached and looked exactly like yours does in that last pic. The bleached coloration means that it has lost it's zooxanthella. I had to double my feeding for about six month's until it colored back up.

Tank looks great, I think your nem may be in need of more light though...

My BTA was bleached and looked exactly like yours does in that last pic. The bleached coloration means that it has lost it's zooxanthella. I had to double my feeding for about six month's until it colored back up.

Tank looks great, I think your nem may be in need of more light though...

It may have been the photography, th nem sometimes stretches a great deal and gets clear like that. Right now she has no transparency to her. I also have started to feed twice a week though.

As for lighting, I have the 144w upgrade and had the anemone since the start. She moved a week after I upgraded.

Ill attach a new pic later so you can see the update dated photo.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@ 13 Months

IMG_20101115_142046.jpg

I no longer dose C balance. All I do is a 5 gal water change every week. Also have a Tunze protein skimmer.

BTA split 2 weeks ago. Growth on Frogspawn and Hammer. Half my xenia died then doubled.

Added some frags from the Midwest Fragfest's Reef Ball Workshop.

Had a hard summer. Lost a bit of coral and battled some red slime. Now I have a chiller which will be used for the summer.

Going to start dosing Brightwell alc & cal when I have my PH probe up and running.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Mandarin trained to eat or are you going to buy pods all the time? Always heard that you need a fairly large tank to support a large enough pod population. Love the tank and glad to see the nem still alive and doing well.

Archived