Coral Vue Hydros

Konolua - Volcano Tank

konolua

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wow that would be cool if there was fog/smoke coming out of the top of the rocks!

Think of it as a dormant volcano...

;)

Some shots...

IMG_8233.jpg

Urchin going to the bathroom. Thought it was a group of eggs until I saw where it was coming from....

IMG_8250.jpg

Blenny in the green star polyps. Looked cool.

IMG_8259.jpg

IMG_8251.jpg

Crab playing with the Nudibranch. It holds it's own against the them, but funny nonetheless. I am sure it is not funny to the nudibranch.

IMG_8267.jpg

Crabs were out and about today.

IMG_8282.jpg

OMG my noob self is not worth to even be in the same forum this is some of the best engineering and forethought I have seen thanks for giving us something to shoot for awesome tank

jivephotography
IMG_8251.jpg

Crab playing with the Nudibranch. It holds it's own against the them, but funny nonetheless. I am sure it is not funny to the nudibranch.

Where'd you pick up that Spanish Shawl Nudibranch? I love the colors on yours! I can't find anyplace that sells them LFS or online.

Where'd you pick up that Spanish Shawl Nudibranch? I love the colors on yours! I can't find anyplace that sells them LFS or online.

Got this locally in Southern California! God bless the coast!

Got this locally in Southern California! God bless the coast!

thers nothing like collecting something from the beach and caring for it, i dont know why but i find it more fun and satisfying hunting down what i want, opposed to watching them bag it at the lfs

maybe cus its free

Man your tank is so dope. You planning on adding anything soon?

Yeah. Counting down the days to toss in some stoneys. Gonna use the "ledge" on the left and the rock on the far left to glue multiple stoneys on. I love acroporas when they are mixed with a couple different frags and they grow up on their own. The cool thing is, given the height of the water column, I will get good horizontal growth, which will look cool.

Gonna do the same thing with some montiporas as well.

On the right side, I am going to load up on Ricordea mushrooms...all different colors. Put them in the little basin below the mangrove root. The water flow is slow and circular there, and they will get huge (I bet....).

Other than that, the only "plans" I have are right in the front...for the whole world to see, some Dendrophyllia and sun polyps. The spot is perfect as there is constant slow moving water flow, tons of crevices and low low light. PERFECT for my favorite two corals.

BUT, still another month or so before anything even starts to happen.... I tend to move slow with additions.

Moving slow with additions is a good thing! Especially when you consider the $$ you've already put into this thing.

Speaking of which, please tell me you quarantine new additions, right?

Moving slow with additions is a good thing! Especially when you consider the $$ you've already put into this thing.

Speaking of which, please tell me you quarantine new additions, right?

Depends...I hardly do fish in my tanks anyways..... A staple is a school of chromis (big dollars), but I will probably take the fish quarantine a bit more seriously since the only additions I am really planning are two dwarf Lionfish and a Scorpion fish or small Angler.

Corals.....yeah...should it be needed (which is not often for me). One advantage is that I always do frags and tend to favor lacerock than live rock, using a couple really really choice pieces for seeding. So, the corals I am introducing tend to be free (or easily checked for parasites or pests). Not too mention, I had two bristleworms I had missed upon set up and a benefit to having 7 large hungry crabs is the total irradication of nuisance invertebrates!

This... Is amazing. I don't think WOW is sufficient. Amazingly thought out and pulled off flawlessly. Incredibly cool.

Thanks! :happydance:

Archived