SaltCritters.com

Precision Aquaculture Technologies

Lmecher

I ordered 1,000 copepods from Precision Aquaculture Technologies. I got email notificaton on 9/16 that it had been shipped. I finally recieved it on 9/24. Here is what it looked like, note I had not yet opened it. I was a little scared as to what I'd find inside so I snapped a couple pictures.

package.jpg

handledwithoutcare.jpg

Inside I found the copepods had been shipped in a plastic bag w/pinch of cheato. All the water leaked out, and needless to say no live copepods. Box must have been standing on end because only 1 end was wet, so wet the box was falling apart and opened up.

I was also suposed to get a 4 oz. sample of zoeplanktonm which was not in the box.

inside.jpg

I immediately tried to call the company, voice mail box was full. I sent 1 email to address on website and 1 to the address on my invoice, both w/photos and explained (very nicely) the situation, got no reply.

I sent another email the next day and tried their telephone # with same reuslts. I googled the name and came accross a forum "reefland forum". Precisoin aquaculture Tech is a sponser of this fourm. I posted (in thier sponser thread) and very nicely requested they contact me, I was not out to discredit the company.

I tried and tried to contact them, they just would not respond. I like to think I am a nice person and can understand that things happen/go wrong, I am pretty easy to please and have come to expect mediocrity in vendors. I feel this is just unacceptable, even by my low standards.

This morning I called for the umtheenth time and was able to leave a message. I called 5 times and left 5 messages. It is clear they are purposely not returning my emails and calls. The gloves are off now, I called my credit card company and they credited my account, because it is under $25. we don't need to go through normal dispute channels. Well all said and done, I am not out a dime but it really galls me that they are able to keep the money they charged for the order.

I'm sorry for the length of this and thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this and heed my warning.

Don't buy from Precision Aquaculture Technologies, I would not want to see anyone get burned as I did.

By the way, does anyone have a good source for live copepods? Yeah after all that, I still need pods. I am kind of laughing now over this whole ordeal but then I have to to stay sane. :wacko:

Sorry to hear that. I have ordered from them a couple of times in the past and had nothing but good experiences. I talked to the owner a handful of times and he was very helpful. The zooplankton is a powder in a small plastic bag, I almost threw it away the first time.

Wow. I wish I've read your post earlier. I just ordered 2000 copepods from them :unsure:

Thanks for the info, now I have prepare myself for worse.

I hope you have a better experience than I did. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you fingerscrossed

Sorry to hear that. I have ordered from them a couple of times in the past and had nothing but good experiences. I talked to the owner a handful of times and he was very helpful. The zooplankton is a powder in a small plastic bag, I almost threw it away the first time.

This makes me wonder why they wouldn't respond to my emails and phone messages. I just don't get it. I was not rude, just told them there was a problem, please contact me. Oh well, it's too bad for them. I will take my business elswhere and warn people of their bad customer relations every chance I get. At this point I am walking away, I don't need the aggrivation in my life.

Movin on :)

I know last week was macna(Marine Aquarium Conference of North America), maybe they were there, like alot of other vendors.

hope it works out for ya.

-Mike :)

Don't buy it, I am sure they had internet access to read emails from customers. It has been 6 days since I first tried to contact them, still no reply. beingreview has just put in an order with them so someone is manning the store.

It didn't and can't work out, they wont respond. My credit card company kindly credited my account but because it was a small amount, they will not go after PAI for the amount, that stinks, they get to keep payment for the order. It's just wrong.

Don't buy it, I am sure they had internet access to read emails from customers. It has been 6 days since I first tried to contact them, still no reply. beingreview has just put in an order with them so someone is manning the store.

It didn't and can't work out, they wont respond. My credit card company kindly credited my account but because it was a small amount, they will not go after PAI for the amount, that stinks, they get to keep payment for the order. It's just wrong.

I too have had bad experiences with this company. their "free" shipping is basically a bag in a box thats supposed to be used for video tapes and such. also its through parcel post so it can take up to 10 days for the box to get to your home. i ordered 1k pods and about 20 were alive. i was VERY dissapointed.

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

I hope you have a better experience than I did. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you fingerscrossed

Thanks!

I'm really sorry it happened to you. I will reply to this thread, if you don't mind, to share my experience when I get my order from them.

Take care ;)

I too have had bad experiences with this company. their "free" shipping is basically a bag in a box thats supposed to be used for video tapes and such. also its through parcel post so it can take up to 10 days for the box to get to your home. i ordered 1k pods and about 20 were alive. i was VERY dissapointed.

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

Free shipping?? I was charged $6.95 for UPS ground and got a plastic bag in very small box as you describe took 8 days to arrive. Might have been some alive had all the water not leaked out. I'm interested if you tried to contact the company? Thank you for sharing your story, I feel for you too :(

Thanks!

I'm really sorry it happened to you. I will reply to this thread, if you don't mind, to share my experience when I get my order from them.

Take care ;)

Yes, by all means post your experience. I am hoping for a good out come.

Will be waiting to hear from you can't help being a little :scarry:

Hi everybody!

Well I got my order from P.A.T. today.

Everything came undamaged and looking good, thanks for that :)

Lmecher, did they get back to you at least?

Hi everybody!

Well I got my order from P.A.T. today.

Everything came undamaged and looking good, thanks for that :)

Lmecher, did they get back to you at least?

I am so glad everything worked out for you. No, not word from them. Never answered my emails the many voice mails I left. After the first few days of no response I didn't expect them to. No skin off my nose though, I got my money back and moved on. I have put it behind me and have begun setting up a new tank for a couple pigmy octopus. It helps to keep my anger at bay LOL. actually I am not angry, one day they'll get what they have comming. You reap what you sow.

thanks for getting back :flower:

Archived