ReefCleaners.org

Who's Up For a Macroalgae Trade?

Weetabix7

hmmm I think Im gunna have to pass but Ill keep you in mind next time Im doing some major trimming! (I just cut this guy back quite a bit so I dont have a lot to spare at the moment :()

thanks for the offer though!

That's actually Caulerpa serrulata, sorry I don't have any. I am looking for Nemastosa, Galaxaura, or whatever algae you don't find often.

That's actually Caulerpa serrulata, sorry I don't have any. I am looking for Nemastosa, Galaxaura, or whatever algae you don't find often.

Kataro--I just did a search on nemastosa and I think I might have that in my tank. It popped up maybe a month or two ago and has been slowly growing. I really like it a lot--it's quite beautiful

It fluoresces red under the actinics. It is also kind of plating--sort of like a monti. Im fairly certain it's some kind of macro at a minimum

any chance you could give me a positive ID on this bad boy? I just nabbed this 5 min ago under the actinics

6415851887_19ea3f83f6_b.jpg

ApiratenamedJohn

I've got some red grape

Some maidens hair a small shoot of some green grape I've got some small red scroll some ulva and a couple green macros that I've been too lazy to identify

it's small--maybe 1 square inch

it started growing out of no where but recently it's growth has started to speed up

Im planning on setting up a frag tank in the next couple of months so Ill try to get it off the rocks and culture it in there.

I will absolutely keep you in mind but I have a feeling it's going to take several months before this thing is of fraggable size

• 1 month later...

Ive got a heck of a time finding any macro at all around me, even cheato lol

Any one or anyplace you guys know of thats willing to ship to Canada?

drunkenmonk21

send skabooya a msg maybe he can point you in the right direction in canada, Metro I have a bunch of extra blue ochtodes. :D

Edited by drunkenmonk21
send skabooya a msg maybe he can point you in the right direction in canada, Metro I have a bunch of extra blue ochtodes. :D

Thanks for the tip

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Everyone - I'm looking for some macroalgae. I really would like fun colors - red would be ideal. Or Blue. But really I'd take anything. I don't have anything to trade, but can pay via paypal. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I too am looking for some macros for a very small pico tank (7 gallons) so if anyone has some that can put together a starter package I would love it. Also VERY interested in some halophila ovalis seagrass if anyone has any leads on that....

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered some halymenia (dragon's breath) from e-bay. Though I do not doubt the condition of the plant when it was shipped to me, the macro turned into a gelatinous mass within 24 hours of arrival. It appeared orangish color rather than red then lost its chlorophyl and eventually turned into a gellatinous mass and completely disintigrated. Does anyone have any information on this?

I ordered some halymenia (dragon's breath) from e-bay. Though I do not doubt the condition of the plant when it was shipped to me, the macro turned into a gelatinous mass within 24 hours of arrival. It appeared orangish color rather than red then lost its chlorophyl and eventually turned into a gellatinous mass and completely disintigrated. Does anyone have any information on this?

I find that when halymenia is under extreme stress, it will do this. It's not a nutrient issue or it would slowly lose pigment. It must have had a rough time in shipping (most likely the heat)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Can't remember if I posted on this yet..

Rigth now I have the following that could be clipped for trades..

Dragons Breath (2-3 inch clipping)

Caulerpa Prolifera (string of 4-5 leaves each)

Red Gracilaria

Brownish Red Gracilaria

Still growing out

LA Reefs micro frags of Lucky Metalic

LA Reefs Red Dragon

Blue ochtodes

Blue Scroll

Brown Scroll

Violet Dreams

Red Grape

red titan

Cheato filled with feather dusters (they have moved into my other cheato and are awesome little worms.)

C. Barbata "Medussa nest"

Halimeda Opuntia

Codium

Turtle Grass

Enteromorpha

Sargassum

ANCANTHOPHORA SPICIFERA

The last 3 should be ready very soon. the others will need time.

Edited by jersey

Hi! Do you want to trade a frag of your "mysterious" red macro for a big chunk of dragon's breath? Or if you're willing to sell a frag, I'l love to buy one. Thanks.