Top Shelf Aquatics

Who's Up For a Macroalgae Trade?

Weetabix7

• 3 weeks later...
+1 to phytosanitary stuff...

but see if you can bump into other people in Canada that will want to trade. There are a few active reefers in CA that regularly trade macros. One of them has a thread linked to in this thread or maybe the macro algae forum thread.

Im in Canada as well and would be interested in purchasing nice macro. All i have now ready to give away is chaeto so its not much of trading material so i can do cash. Im about 1h south of Toronto

maybe if we get enough of us with macro tanks we could get a trade network setup for the US, CANADA, & ,

AUSI land. instead of throwing the clippings out when we prune send it to the next on the list or something.

I've got some macros to trade, some dragons breath (Halimenia sp.) and a red spotted one I got from weetie. looking for some browns, yellows, greens, whatever. ochtodes would be nice too.

Edited by Markushka

Anyone have some Halophila they would be willing to trade? I want to plant some around my elegance so it looks more natural :) If someone had some in the Los Angeles metro area that would be great, but would ship if necessary. I've got a ton of Ulva that grows in my fuge. It actually out competes the ball of Chaeto that i have in there. I have some Codium and some Botryocledia for trade as well, just not anywhere as much as the Ulva..

• 5 months later...

Ive been looking for over a year for macro algaes in Canada. So far i have collected sargassum, dragons breath, green grape, gracillera, and another unknown red one that i think is calcifourous (sorry for the spelling). Ive had to throw a ton out already. I am looking for many other kinds.

ive got a ton of red diychota /bushy types. two growth patterns. im still in the need of . ochtodes.

and blue scroll or any of the other rare reds/yellows.

also on the look out for fuzzy caulerpa.

lmk!

I am in canada. I have some grape, feather, some saw tooth and lots of prolifera. Also some reds I am growing out, but I have a sort of waiting list for those. I have halmida too. In Burlington Ontario. Some Spring and summer, I will be willing to ship/trade these.

Edited by Sunstar
ive got a ton of red diychota /bushy types. two growth patterns. im still in the need of . ochtodes.

and blue scroll or any of the other rare reds/yellows.

also on the look out for fuzzy caulerpa.

lmk!

I have fuzzy caulerpa, Caulerpa verticillata.

• 2 weeks later...
I have fuzzy caulerpa, Caulerpa verticillata.

Hey Minnesotan! B) I have family near Princeton, which means I'm bound to be near you at some point. Think I might be able to get some macro off of you some time?

Hey Minnesotan! B) I have family near Princeton, which means I'm bound to be near you at some point. Think I might be able to get some macro off of you some time?

Princeton is about an hour from me. I'm on the opposite side of St. Cloud. I don't know what kind of macros you're looking for, but right now all that's growing for me is Caulerpa. The Fuzzy Verticillata and Serrated have been fighting for dominance. I've been trying to kill the fuzzy stuff for years now. <_< All I've learned is the brighter the light the shorter it grows and that my emerald crab doesn't like it.

• 1 month later...
Magiksurfman

Bummer, just lost a couple of macros(blue ochtodes and red dictyota ) due to shipping weather, time to network, anyone in the southwest-preferably socal-ideally San Diego , that are interested in macro's let me know. Don't have much as of yet my system is pretty young but i Halimeda and Halymenia i can trade for. i always have chaeto i probably toss about a gal of it a month if anyone ever needs any.

Edited by Magiksurfman
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Iam new to NR. Looking for some exotic reds,blues,ulva macro. If you are pruning Or selling

Pls lmk!

I have a 20g fuge.

Thx, kris

• 6 months later...
ApiratenamedJohn

Anyone out there still interested in macro trades? I have a few different types I can post pics of if anyone is interested.

Edited by ApiratenamedJohn
  • 2 weeks later...