ReefCleaners.org

RBTA in a 5.5g?

Jacobnano

From what I read, they don't move if they are placed in a crevice and are happy. Most of my stuff can grow back but I would be worried if it decided to attack my duncan or SPS. If it does, into the 24g...

interesting. did you take those pics yourself? I think im going to post a picture thread too.

hey all us teen reefers should make some sort of a sig thing.

Yup, sure did. Look at the link in my sig, I have more haha.

Haha maybe, you should add teen reefer below your avatar :)

This could be one of the coolest things ever in a 5.5g, or the biggest mistake I have made with my 5.5g yet.

What I have discovered is that with the 2g (close to 50% if not 50%) my calcium barely even fluctuates and I have SPS and LPS in the tank. This is good because I am also planning on keeping a clam lol. If I can do both I will prove I am not a noob! Or fail epically...

Haha I am trying to keep down on the nitrates, the nem will be enough to deal with haha. The other thing about clams is that they are actually pretty good at filtering water, that would be helpful lol.

I have a 6" RBTA in my 5.5 it settled in a crevice and hasnt moved for a long time. I have 1 damsel, 6-8lbs of rock and 1.5" sandbed. I do 20% change a week. RBTA is happy and its tips are bubbly :)

I have the Oceanic Bio Cube Skimmer in my tank as well though.

No corals except for a few pally's and feather dusters. Been going for about 6 months and it eats every second day.

Call me crazy, but.. if you have 7 tanks, don't you have a tank with more room than a 5g? Transferring to a new tank might be a pain later on, especially if it parks on a big piece of LR or something. Not meaning to be a "NR dick", and I'm not sure what you have in your other tanks, but.. it kinda makes sense to me to give it as much room and water volume as possible.

Oh yea it can, but I want to try this first haha. I know it kinda sounds nooby but I think I will be capable, and if it does start to go downhill I have larger tanks all ready for it.

Putting a virtually immortal animal that attains a good 1-2 feet across in a 5 gallon container is ridiculous. I consider the idea almost thread-locking unconscientious.

50%+ WC's are no biggy at all - I do 100% weekly on all of my nanos. Remember, corals get doused by millions of gallons daily...just make sure the params match and your livestock won't know the difference.

Bad! Bad! Jacob! No RBTA for you.

If you didn't have any other coral in your 25g you may be able to get away with it in there, but definately not in anything less than that. They like lots of room to move around if they have to and they grow and expand at least 10 times the size of their base. They also need good flow.

Honestly, I would not suggest it. It would not be happy. It would be like stuffing a big person in a closet for the rest of their life.

Archived