Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

¿Qué es esto?

Jacobnano

i have been checking in the one book i have now, but it is all slides and written descriptions. before i end up reading for the next hour, can you help me with the range? yellow plants are the worst to id, because you want to look at the brown algae but they are most likely a red....looks like a gracilaria variation almost, will check there next...

heres what i wrote to Mr. Marks

Hello Mr. Marks,

My teen friends and I have tried to start a "Teen Lounge" thread in the ML and it was closed for no reason due to moderators feeling its not right for "kids" to be there. i thought the whole mission statement was for this site to be FAMILY ORIENTED. i think some of the mod do not have a good grasp on what being a mod is and quite frankly should not be moderators at all. Also one of my friends thread inquiring about a feather duster was hijacked by a mode and transformed into an adult lounge. I'm sorry but i do not see the sense in that. some of the moderators are using their power to play with the "kids" of N-R. I think this is HIGHLY inexcusable and should be stopped immediately. Thank you for your time Mr. Marks.

Nate Bernardo.

PS: Here are the links to the threads in question. (Respectively)

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...20&start=20

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...p;#entry2434073

i have been checking in the one book i have now, but it is all slides and written descriptions. before i end up reading for the next hour, can you help me with the range? yellow plants are the worst to id, because you want to look at the brown algae but they are most likely a red....looks like a gracilaria variation almost, will check there next...

I looked and it does look a lot like gracilaria, just a much brighter color. I am assuming it came from fiji but the rock itself looks like a tonga branch....

well the side of the world helps a good deal, the books do Pacific and Atlantic basically, as long as it is tropical, my temperate books are all in storage. my best guess at this point is one of the 35+ variations of gracilaria tikvahiae, but that is sort of an easy way out, will try to get a better id for you..my pacific literature is pretty light though...next time try to get your cool macros from the Caribbean, I got a ton of books for that region. :)

in this hobby if you want something to be rare, just call it that. ever notice that there will be a few hundred stores with Super rare favia? acropora? zoas? etc...? I bet right now in 5 minutes you can find 10 different people selling the super rare blue hornet zoas...(i have them open in another window but you get the point) Algae is way harder to collect than coral... prices aren't determined by rarity, but rather what the market will bear.

Archived