Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

???bubble coral dying??

gabbeyshell

my new bubble coral has been in my tank for about a week. tank has been up for 4mo. (nh3-o, nitrates-0, nitrites-0, ph 8.2, ca2t- 450. i have a ro/di system for h20 changes weekly. ) my ? is i arranged my coral so that my bubble was at the top in med flow. my huge mex turbo about an inch came and like always is a bull in a china shop and knock over my bubble coral into the sand below probably about a 6-8" fall. his coral skeleton is damaged and this was 2days ago. so i placed my bubble coral in the sand to prevent future attacks from my bruit snail untill i got some glue to mount the coral on the rock. the bubble was fine last night all the sweepers out everything. today the bubble has a little brown on him where the skeleton was damaged. tonight i mounted him back in the place originally on the rock took him out to glue him left him out 1-2min and placed back into tank that was 5hrs ago. now lights are out and no sweepers out. is this coral a lost cause??? or will it heal itself??? or does the super glue gel have any effect???? thanks for the replies in advance???

bubbles are pretty strong and it should survive. Keep an eye on it and perhaps feed it a little shrimp when the feeders come out.

a coral dip might help as well.

as for leaving the coral out of the water for a couple of minutes, no biggie there. whole sections of reef are out of the water at low tide for over an hour without any damage so your 2 minute thing shouldn't have too big an impact.

when i came home from work it was out, but not fully blown up, i did feed it and dosed w/ iodine this am. which i am assuming that it loved, but quick question what is a dip for coral??? is this freshwater or that iodine mixture that you were talking about in another thread??? and what is the brand

• 3 weeks later...

I've heard that you must keep an eye on corals like your bubble. From time to time they can go through phases where they don't inflate completely and may or may not have brownish areas on them. Also after any injury it's good to keep close watch. A dip in Lugol's solution is always a good idea if you are having trouble with a bubble coral.....Just be sure and dilute it properly before using.......HTH

Archived