ReefCleaners.org

Sushi's ELOS

Sushi

Sorry to side track but... up to now, I was thinking 'wow this sushi guy knows what his doing.. and he came out of nowhere!'... But i just saw formerly uchina tag under your ID! No wonder! You are Uchina!!! YAY!!! Good ole times!!! lol Great tanks BTW.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sushi - If you can find these they would be great. I've been trying to locate some for some time now. I heard they may schoal too!

1186497.jpg

-Dave

Sorry to side track but... up to now, I was thinking 'wow this sushi guy knows what his doing.. and he came out of nowhere!'... But i just saw formerly uchina tag under your ID! No wonder! You are Uchina!!! YAY!!! Good ole times!!! lol Great tanks BTW.

Oogie... yep, "formerly" UCHIHA, not uchina ;) - that's why I did the name change, sushi is a bit easier to remember. Glad you're back too... just goes to prove that true reefers never leave the hobby. It goes dormant only to resurface eventually!

Sushi - If you can find these they would be great. I've been trying to locate some for some time now. I heard they may schoal too!

1186497.jpg

Dave, what's the name of that fish? I really like the striking bright blue eyes and that high dorsal fin. I have to add that my E. pellucidas (Gold Neon Eviota Gobies) are awesome! Probably one of my favorite gobies at the moment. I'm slowly converting to a new love for gobies.

I'll have an update hopefully this week for sure. I've been snapping pics but haven't been using a tripod so everything looks like crap. When I get some time to properly take pics I'll be sure to update with some pictures.

Updated pics of the tank... added mostly a bunch of different zoa frags, duncan colony, yumas/rics and some SPS.

Corner Shot - October 2009

2009-1007-01-cornershot-pW.jpg

FTS - October 2009

2009-1007-02-FTS-pW.jpg

My Orange-Lined Cardinalfish (A. cyanosoma)

2009-1007-03-apagoncyanosoma-pW.jpg

Duncan Colony

2009-1007-04-duncan-pW.jpg

Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

2009-1007-05-Lysmataamboinensis-pW.jpg

These are the only shots that were clear enough to post... really need to find my tripod for some better pics. ;)

Thanks... wish my dendros were out though. They were out constantly with nice plump polyps the first week I got them. Fed them lots, but the past few weeks they've been kinda moody. On the other hand, my Duncans aren't as moody, always out :)

Loving it Sushi. You can find the specific name on quality marines site. I am still trying to grab 3-4 along with a couple trimmas.

-Dave

Have fun with the Eviota pellucidas! I've had two, and they are/were (one died; I later got a second) are very interesting to observe. They remind me of tiny sixline wrasses, though less active.

I agree about the Eviota pellucidas, they're awesome little gobies! I wish I'd have gotten more of them (maybe a small group of 5-6). I bought 3 initially but 1 of them disappeared so I am left with a pair right now. It's interesting to see them swim in and out of the crevices picking at pods on the sand/rock/glass. They're really bright red too with nice golden streaks and a deeply contrasting silver/black belly. Excellent "nano" fish IMO :)

Also, as you guys might've guessed, I switched the 6-line out for the orange-lined cardinalfish since it's less aggressive to the gobies and is much more docile in the tank.

Thanks for the comments everyone... I'm going to attempt to get some macro shots taken this week, but up to now most macro shots I've taken have been sub-par. Gotta work on my camera settings -_-

Very nice, Sushi formerly Uchiha! I dig those duncans. I bought some recently too, but yours are very nice and fat, unlike mine.

Tigah: (sniffling noises)

Fry: (handing tissue to Tigah) "Hey there little buddy... it's ok. Go on and feed 'em. You can do it!" :D

On another note: I can't wait for RAP - gona cross my fingers and hope the new updated AquaIllumination lights will be available for sale there. I've been itching to upgrade to a 150w DE Halide fixture for the last 2 months now but I have been telling myself to wait for the AI LED module. 2-3 more weeks! The e-Lite simply needs more "controllability" and more actinic supplementation...

Found something funny - both my skunk cleaners are carrying eggs. At first I thought it was just 1, but I looked closer at the other one and noticed that it was also carrying eggs under their swimmerets.

It's kinda hard to get pictures of them since they are constantly moving - but if I manage to get something I'll try to post it.

Now that you changed your sn, it's weird calling you sasuke.

but if you want those cute little white gobies, OG and AW both sell them... if you're ever back in SD

Now that you changed your sn, it's weird calling you sasuke.

but if you want those cute little white gobies, OG and AW both sell them... if you're ever back in SD

Thanks nip - I'll still understand Sasuke ;)

I'll have to look into the gobies when I go down to SD. I'm planning on making a Scripps run sometime this fall/winter so I'll definitely make my rounds at the fish stores down there. Haven't been back in a while, kinda miss the area!

Archived