Pod Your Reef

Work at ReefCleaners

johnmaloney

My main fisherman left for life in the country, (lucky punk - :lol: ), and while we can't replace him, we need someone that can help to fill the void. Do you have what it takes?

You -

Not afraid of the water (murky water included- 3 inch visibility is a go for us)

Can work in shark, eel, barracuda and stingray habitats on a regular basis

Can swim 6 hours a day in rough seas (the fall is coming)

Looking for part time private contract work. (no employee status)

Have good balance

Can handle daily cuts, scrapes, bruising and such

Have excellent vision without corrective eye ware (or are willing to pay for the equipment you will need to dive safely)

Are willing to sign and to adhere to non-disclosure and non-competition agreements

Have reliable transportation

PM me if you live in the Stuart Florida area and are interested in the position. You must be 18 to work as a commercial fisherman. We can be flexible on hours, (to some degree, the tides wait for no one), but you must be able to make quota.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

long drive to work for sure. :) It all sounds good until you see the pay. :)

by the way, i think it goes without saying, but just to be on the up and up:

Equal Opportunity Contractor

NanoReefNovice
old joke is old... see above

thanks bro... maybe the old old joke is old might be old.

not for me, but you may get tired of it

but really... i wish i could!

• 2 weeks later...
What does it pay? Can you match my salary now? I own and operate a lawn and landscaping company. I need about 1500 a week take home. :D

You Liar! Thats just the stuff that passes under the table! I know your game.

would have been nice to find someone into aquariums....might have to just check with the local classifieds and see who we can find. I swear though 80% of them quit the first murky day, or they see a jellyfish and are told, "yep they live here, time to go swimming". (Half the time they aren't even stinging jellies). The rest are done after seeing what has to be done to get to the chiton colony. I got some black and blues and some scrapes from it yesterday. Summer is so much fun, beginning of fall + spring tides (which have nothing to do with Spring) = not much fun...

on a different note, ReefCleaners.org is going up for sale so I can purchase my new lawnmower business. ;) I like lawns, I like the sun, and I wouldn't miss much of the ocean this time of year....maybe it is time for a career change? Nah...I still have some wave protected spots to hang out in. Swam near a pod of wild dolphins early this morning..after it scared the %*%&*& out of me, it was a pretty cool experience.

hey john i'm interested but the commute is kinda long

you think you can pick me up from ohio?

sure I pass by Ohio almost every other day. Stand out front tomorrow morning, I should be there...

i was just kidding around, lawnman had posted:

What does it pay? Can you match my salary now? I own and operate a lawn and landscaping company. I need about 1500 a week take home. biggrin.gif
would have been nice to find someone into aquariums....might have to just check with the local classifieds and see who we can find. I swear though 80% of them quit the first murky day, or they see a jellyfish and are told, "yep they live here, time to go swimming". (Half the time they aren't even stinging jellies). The rest are done after seeing what has to be done to get to the chiton colony. I got some black and blues and some scrapes from it yesterday. Summer is so much fun, beginning of fall + spring tides (which have nothing to do with Spring) = not much fun...

on a different note, ReefCleaners.org is going up for sale so I can purchase my new lawnmower business. ;) I like lawns, I like the sun, and I wouldn't miss much of the ocean this time of year....maybe it is time for a career change? Nah...I still have some wave protected spots to hang out in. Swam near a pod of wild dolphins early this morning..after it scared the %*%&*& out of me, it was a pretty cool experience.

sure I pass by Ohio almost every other day. Stand out front tomorrow morning, I should be there...

lol i like your enthusiasms john

You Liar! Thats just the stuff that passes under the table! I know your game.

Nothing ever passes under the table in my business. ;) If I can't pull 1500 a week after doing lawncare and landscaping for over 16 years I need to get out of the game. Send me a PM I will sell you my secrets cheap. :)

Heck John. I do it nearly every day for free. You mean people get paid to collect?

As for the house in the South Pacific, how's this one look?

resort.jpg

Sunset out the front door

SunsetonSiquijorbeach.jpg

2 feet from the porch

starfishinthesandwithfeet.jpg

50 feet from the door, right past that stick in the sunset pic above

tabletopyellowwithbutterflysnorkel.jpg

Maybe it's too crowded for you

lookingupthebeach.jpg

Siquijorisland.jpg

Sorry to tease, no way would I trade for murky water in Fort Pierce.

Swam near a pod of wild dolphins early this morning..after it scared the %*%&*& out of me, it was a pretty cool experience.

It's never the dolphins that freak me out, its the wave of leaping petrified fish they are chasing that scare the bejeebus out of me :|

I'm also odd in that the jellyfish sting doesn't bother me, but the people who want to take a wiz on me to alleviate the "sting" piss me right off. :mellow:

Archived