this is correct

Thank you thank you.

Ill take more top down shots and coral shots once I have time

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
disaster999

Thanks.

The tanks location wasn't by design. We are renting this house at the moment and just so happens the only logical place to place the tank is right under the ac unit. I'm not running the ac to reduce the temps, I have a chiller to do most of the work.

It does cool down my light considerbally from 45c to 25c.

disaster999

That's correct. I cheaped out and upgraded my existing light instead of completely redoing it with lumia. I'm very happy with the lumia and might get a few more down the line....or try the nanobox array.

HarryPotter

as long as it looks good and grows my SPS...im happy with whatever.

Someone told me that the V3 chips have half the power of the Lumina. Not sure, but factor that in (or look into it) if you are considering switching.

disaster999

Thats correct, the nanobox array only have 13 LEDs on their array where as the Lumia has 25. I would need double the amount of the V3 vs the lumia if I ever decide to upgrade. The extra arrays might give me a better spread, 5 x Lumia vs 10 x V3 but the V3 would be more expensive.

Anyways, right now Im happy with my light so far and it produces an very even spread at the moment so I probably wouldnt be upgrading anytime soon.

• 1 month later...

pair of 150s.

The only reason I wanted new pumps was because my Jebao WP40 died after a 2 months. I thought about buying the Tunze, but been reading up on the Gyre an thought they would suit my tank better. Need to find time to install the pumps tho. Im not looking forward to digging up old wires from my cable management trays and making everything neat again.

Stay tuned for a review.

Installed 1 on my tank. Excuse the unsightly brown algae in my tank, but it helps to show the flow of the Gyre. One 150 Gyre was enough to stir up any debris my 4 pumps couldnt.

• Like 3

Installed 1 on my tank. Excuse the unsightly brown algae in my tank, but it helps to show the flow of the Gyre. One 150 Gyre was enough to stir up any debris my 4 pumps couldnt.

Wow thats some serious water movement! Cant wait to see the other one installed.

Sexy tank- razor that overflow!

What is that gigantic coral on the left?

Thats a frogspawn coral I had for a long time. Its not quite how it used to be but I hope it would recover. the polyp SHOULD extend even more than that.