inTank Media Baskets

Disaster's 80gal + 15gal SPS Reef Tank

disaster999

Haha, I hear you. I just cleaned the cup today, a weeks worth of skim in that cup. Smells pretty bad, but I'm so used to it. It doesn't make me gag or anything. I'm starting this ultra low nutrient tank with Prodibio's Biodigest an Biotim. A friend suggested I try so gonna see if it actually works or not. This probably will make me pull more crap out of the water with the skimmer.

Anyways, took more pictures tonight...could be better, but will do for now.

DSC_5446.JPG

DSC_5478.JPG

DSC_5453.JPG

DSC_5464.JPG

_DSC5487.JPG

_DSC5488.JPG

_DSC5489.JPG

_DSC5490.JPG

_DSC5494.JPG

this one got tipped over by some snails or hermit and fell into another SPS and got stung, so thats why theres 2 dead branches

_DSC5493.JPG

close up shot

DSC_5451.JPG

i like this the best

DSC_5463.JPG

thanks, just saw that article which gives the same description as the prodibio website last time i visited a few days ago.

pretty much what im dosing now, biotim, biodigest and reefbooster. ive been dosing reefbooster for a while now. gonna see how adding biotim and biodigest affect my tank

thanks =) i quite like it myself. i might have to print it out and stick it somewhere.

took more pictures of my corals under blue lighting. not going to call it actinic because its not actinic, but ati blue + bulbs

just acquired this today. had a fellow local reefer who went to a frag meet at a shop yesterday. some new shipment came in and they went ape #### with an angle grinder.

_DSC5495.JPG

some other misc corals that i was able to get a good shot off

_DSC5496.JPG

_DSC5497.JPG

_DSC5499.JPG

_DSC5500.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

WOOT, 4000 posts already! i guess time to celebrate by uploading more pictures

top down shots

_DSC5505.JPG

_DSC5507.JPG

_DSC5514.JPG

_DSC5515.JPG

_DSC5516.JPG

new FTS...moved the frog spawn to the left so i have more open space and room for corals

_DSC5525.JPG

right side top down view

_DSC5519.JPG

right side top down view

_DSC5518.JPG

• Like 1

I follow your thread when you start your 20gal tank...n look at now..That Frogspawn is hugggeeeeeeeee... omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

i know when u put it into your tank at a first time, and it very tiny..Good Job for you :happy:

But still, i like your 20gal more better than your 100gal..Sometime i do some flashback to read your 20gal tank from 1st page... B)

You don't need any lps.

This Frogspawn is not the coral you want.

It can be shipped to Bitts.

haha...not a bad idea, i can use the extra space for more SPS :P

new addition to the tank

_DSC5609.JPG

also added a brown powder tang, hopefully he makes it, cant even remember how many tangs have died in my tank

yeah ill get a picture of it sometime soon, before it dies (touch wood)

so far its been eating pellets and nori. I will leave it in my sump for a week or 2 more just to fatten it up before i introduce it into the main tank. hopefully all is well with this one.

Ok fine keep that lps right where it is we don't need you able to show off with the sps, any more than you already can.

I can't wait to see the tang.

alright no one is getting my frogspawn. it stays in my tank

heres a quick and dirty pic of the tang.

_DSC5612.jpg

ill take some better pictures of it once i release it into the main tank. right now its really shy.