Top Shelf Aquatics

John's Red Sea Max

JohnOTS

Tank looks amazing John. I love your livestock selection too (LOVE the mystery wrasse - how big do they get?) I hope you figure out what's going on with your zoos.

I can relate. All the polyps on one of my big zoo rocks started remaining closed while the lights were on, so I started keeping a real close eye on them. Ended up finding a few tiny nudibranchs were munching on them. After a few weeks of battling them, all was well.

Best wishes!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You sir, are an A-hole.

Haha, you've inspired me to finally get rid of the tempermental piece of poop tunze skimmer and get something that actually works. Gorgeous tank man!

Tank looks amazing John. I love your livestock selection too (LOVE the mystery wrasse - how big do they get?) I hope you figure out what's going on with your zoos.

I can relate. All the polyps on one of my big zoo rocks started remaining closed while the lights were on, so I started keeping a real close eye on them. Ended up finding a few tiny nudibranchs were munching on them. After a few weeks of battling them, all was well.

Best wishes!

Thanks!

They get about 4 inches, they are pretty fish just way overpriced. I am starting to see a little bit improvement in some of my zoas and some are just goners. I had started to dose vitamin C hopping it will help the zoas stay "strong" to fight of the fungus. We will see. ;)

You sir, are an A-hole.

Haha, you've inspired me to finally get rid of the tempermental piece of poop tunze skimmer and get something that actually works. Gorgeous tank man!

HAHA :)

Yea, I never really wanted to admit it and say it, but that Tunze was crap! The Tunze just doesn’t have the volume needed to really do a good job, I understand it is hard to make a "nano" skimmer but I think for the money they could have done a better job. I don’t regret getting the Deltec one bit. I am actually going to bi-weekly water changes now that I have a decent skimmer.

It is hard to believe all that crap comes out of our water…. :huh:

That last picture is amazing.. great looking tank. I love the idea of a wrasse-only tank. Do they ever fight and get territorial? I have a sixline in my 36g, I want to add another wrasse soon. any recommendations?

That last picture is amazing.. great looking tank. I love the idea of a wrasse-only tank. Do they ever fight and get territorial? I have a sixline in my 36g, I want to add another wrasse soon. any recommendations?

Thanks Man,

They get along well. The mystery doesn’t come out much, just when it’s feeding time. I am a little worried that the mystery will get more aggressive as it gets bigger, right now it is pretty small compared to the other two. The leopard was my fist of the three, and by far my favorite fish, I will do whatever necessary to protect it, I have had it for 14 months now. The flasher tries to bully around the leopard but he holds his own quite well, when its feeding time the leopard really shows the other two who is boss.

Recommendation,

I would get a yellow corris wrasse, beautiful fish and very beneficial to have.

Cool, might look into that.. I know my LFS has a yellow coris right now. I'm debating on another wrasse or a pair of clowns. But, sorry to jack your thread.. back to your awesome tank.. lol..

Cool, might look into that.. I know my LFS has a yellow coris right now. I'm debating on another wrasse or a pair of clowns. But, sorry to jack your thread.. back to your awesome tank.. lol..

I wish I could add a yellow corris wrasse, but that would be just to many. I really needed one about 1 month ago. I lost alot of my montipora to nudibranches, the yellow corris wrasse is known to eat nudi's. I personally dont like the clown fish, they are mean retarded little bastards... -_-

haha, yeah, they are retarded.. but I want them to host my BTA. My sixline has completely decimated any pod life in my tank.. I don't even see many at night now. He never touches the micro-brittle stars tho.

Looks great man! I love that mystery too! I'm lookin to put one in my 75g when I get it up and running. Where did you get it?

Any of the frags FS in that rack? I'll be lookin' for some come May.

Looks great man! I love that mystery too! I'm lookin to put one in my 75g when I get it up and running. Where did you get it?

Any of the frags FS in that rack? I'll be lookin' for some come May.

Thanks!

I got the mystery at a shop called mystic reef in riverside. Hit me up in May, I am always fragging stuff up and would sell or trade.

How's the skimmer working out?

Fantastic! it puts the 9002 to shame, it is pulling out alot of nasty dark skim. I dont regret the purchase for one second.

• 1 month later...
How has the Vit C been doing? Still using it?

Any late tank shots?

Fantastic looking last pics.

I kinda stopped the Vit C dosing, I didn't really notice any change. I try to put as little as I can into the tank, I think simple works best.

I will take some new and final tank shots here soon. :huh:

I am in the process of building a larger system. I will be going to a 36" long acrylic with a sump. I will post some pics of the new system when I get closer. I will probably be putting together a new tank thread too. :D

I kinda stopped the Vit C dosing, I didn't really notice any change. I try to put as little as I can into the tank, I think simple works best.

I will take some new and final tank shots here soon. :huh:

I am in the process of building a larger system. I will be going to a 36" long acrylic with a sump. I will post some pics of the new system when I get closer. I will probably be putting together a new tank thread too. :D

sounds like a perfect tank size. Look forward to the build.

Archived