Top Shelf Aquatics

John's Red Sea Max

JohnOTS

Family is visiting this weekend and I finally get to sample a SLR camera, here are some shots from my first attempt at using it.

Blue Tip Acropora Tenuis

acroteni.jpg

acroteni2.jpg

Green Acan

birdsnest.jpg

Green Tip Birdsnest at Night

birdsnest%20at%20night.jpg

Purple Millipora

purple%20milli.jpg

Jeremy's Green Montipora at night

jeremys%20at%20night.jpg

Pocilipora

pocilipora.jpg

Red Cap

redcap.jpg

Ric

ricactinics.jpg

FTS with the CurrentUSA powerbright LEDS

fts%20actinics.jpg

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

more pichers

My fish

Female leapord wrasse

leopard%20wrasse2.jpg

leopard%20wrasse.jpg

Coral Beauty

coral%20beauty.jpg

Hidding Fire Shrimp

fire%20shrimp.jpg

ORA Jeremy's Montipora

jeremy

Orange Digitata

digi.jpg

awesome looking tank!

If your ever interested in fragging some stuff shoot me a PM.

I'm sure I live close by

Thanks bro,

PM sent.

Who makes the SLR camera? Tell me some more about it.Price,make etc. I am a total noob when it comes to cameras.

I too am pretty new when it comes to photography. The camera was a family members, it was a nikon D60 with the stock lens. That camera costs about 500 new. I really would like to get one soon, just way to pricey. Not to mention the camera in itself would become another whole hobby.

wonderful photos.

Thanks, but I got alot to learn... ;)

I finally am taking a stab at getting rid of the purple mushrooms. I am starting first by removing the big ones, by simply hacking their base with scissors. They are actually coming out pretty easy, unfortunately I know that any leftover tissue will soon be new mushrooms. Man these things are a weed.

I do think mushroom only tanks look awesome! But I will never add another mushroom to a mixed tank of mine.

Did you ever end up dosing the tank to feed the SPS?

I do feed my SPS Roti Feast but very rarely, Probably only once a week.

Well I finally went for it and ordered my new lights for the tank :) . I have gone back and forth over and over trying to decide to upgrade my lights or not. The stock lighting that came with the RSM so far has done me good. I have different SPS that is doing great in my tank, however I know it could be better. So I finally decided to go ahead and upgrade.

Then came the harder question… :o Upgrade to what! So lately I have been back and forth between metal halide and T5 lighting options. I liked the idea of the shimmer from the MH and with the halide comes the mentality “I can put anything in the tank now”. I don’t think that is the case anymore, I see more and more people running T5 only lighting and doing wonderful things with SPS. With the MH there is more heat and more power consumption so there was another negative for the MH. I could always add some LED’s to get the shimmer, which I will probably do later down the road.

So I decided to go with the Sunlight Supply Tek Light HO fixture, I will be using 2 AquaBlue+ and 2 Actinic+ Giesemann powerchrome bulbs. I will be picking it up tonight and hopefully installing it as soon as I get home.

Now for some questions??? :huh:

Does anyone recommend acclimating my coral/fish to this new light? I am going from the stock PC lights to this T5 fixture. Can I just plop it on and go from there?

How does my bulb combo sound?

Thanks

Very nice!

Thanks, I will probably be playing around with different bulb combos soon. I also plan on putting my actinic LED's back on somehow.

Very nice tank man! I also have a rsm but to lazy to start a thread! On the SLR trust me it's worth it, the pics are awesome. I love t5s, I also upgraded from stock to current USA sundial t5 to now ATI pm lightfixture.

Very nice tank man! I also have a rsm but to lazy to start a thread! On the SLR trust me it's worth it, the pics are awesome. I love t5s, I also upgraded from stock to current USA sundial t5 to now ATI pm lightfixture.

Thanks Reefman36,

I love the color's the T5 give, the stock lighting was doing me good things but was just to yellow. Which ATI fixture did you get, I searched but could not find it?

Thanks,

2" 6x24w ATI powermodule. I got them from reefgeek.com

Blub combo

front to back

blue plus

blue plus

auqablue special

blue plus

blue plus

Fiji purple

I'm also thinking about add some LEDs for moonlights.

wow those are nice, but pricey!!! :o

I am hoping my four bulb combo will continue to support what I have in my tank. But then again if the stock RSM lighting was doing the job I would imagine real T5's would too...

So far I absolutly love the color I am getting using the "real" T5's. I have adjusted the bulb combo a bit though.

I now am running 1 AquaBlue+, 1 Fiji Purple and 2 Actinic+

I will get to use a SLR for christmass this year so more nice pictures are coming.

Archived