Coral Vue Hydros

-Acoustic's 180 Degree View 10 Gallon SPS Nano-

Acoustic

My flow is fine. I have a distributor valve on it and the flow is spread evenly in intensity throughout the tank. That is one of the main reasons I created a "racetrack" around the rock. There are no stagnant/low flow areas in the tank.

You mean Diatoms, right? You should not have started with Cyano this early in the game.

Speaking of Cyano, I have concluded that flow has the exact opposite effect on it that has been going around as a cure. Every tank and every outbreak I have ever had, starts, maintains, and ends at the area of most flow. Dead spots never get cyano in my tanks, only areas with high flow which feed it faster, I would assume. Sorry to throw this into the mix, I just had to get the flow thing off my chest.

Looks good, the black sand is growing on me. If you could find black rock, add some colorfull coral and a black light, it could make a 70'sish painted black velvet on bedroom wall with 4' black bulb effect.

Liquid-

I have cyano because I imported some of my old rock from my last tank that had it in it. The cyano is barely surviving. I am going to just let everything run it's course and expell itself. Then I will buy livestock.

sukeband- My last tank is gone forever. I got rid of it because of the algae problems sustained by the frigging back sump area/ditritus heaven.

fawkes027- So far the advantages that I have already noticed are that you can actually and easily see all of your microfauna which I think is fun, it is amazingly easy to light adjust my camera and take great pictures, and I love the way it looks.

Mnesarchus- Here's an updated picture 13 days later:

fawkes. The black sand will not add to the PH buffering abilities of the water, but if you say, drip with Kalk, no probs there. There are other ways of buffering. Sand is just a hidden one.

'Koos - Looking sweet man. The spiderwebs are nasty! :D

Acoustic,

How are you adjusting your white balance when there is no white to focus on? are you holding up paper at the back or something? Would you mind explaining to me your set-up process for photos?

I LOVE those in-bed jets. What a great way to get around the sandstorm problem. /*resists urge to tinker*/

Archived