SaltCritters.com

1337's 12" Retired contest tank

1337TANKHAX

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks! They're under a 12K reeflux bulb, 175 Watter! I don't know how people have such terrible luck with Darth Mauls, mine have been thriving. And to be honest, that tank doesn't really get taken care of super well since I'm 300 miles away most of the time. :scarry:

Theres a better picture of them on my other tank thread also, more true to actual color.

Haha for sure, you want those mauls don't you? B) I'm sure by the end of the contest, or even in a few months, those will have grown enough to make a few frags for NReefers.

No worries, I'm going to start a thread index in my first post once it starts getting crowded in hur. But you're in line Maria!

And as for the rock wall, I wasn't planning on epoxying it into the tank until the start date for the empty tank picture. :D

They're most certainly superman rhodactis, I've been on the prowl for them ever since I saw them in ParisHilton's glorious little pico. And no, no more supercorals other than my Rainbow BTA in this months photo contest. :o:D:lol:

And I think I'm getting my rock from LA Reefs instead of Sealifeinc, because I can pick the rock up this weekend. I'm bummed about missing out on the awesome hitchiker action, but quite frankly I can't afford to get it shipped. Has anyone heard anything about LR from LA Reefs?

First post updated with T-shirt shot!

And I just reserved one of these guys at the LFS! :lol:

p-70977-wheelers-watchman.jpg

He just may be my all time favorite fish.

Wheelers watchman look cool. I would get one if i wasn't transferring my hi fin to my 10g.

Are you doing a pistol too?

I don't think I'm going to add a pistol, as I wouldn't be adding them as a pair, and I'm not sure of the work involved with pairing a shrimp and a goby. But as for the hi fin, at my LFS they have a watchman, a yasha hase goby, and a hi fin in the same 8X8X8" fish holding tank, and they all get along.

In other news, I'm picking up my live sand and my superman rhodactis today. The mushrooms will be held at the LFS until the tank is done cycling. Hopefully the cycle won't take too long since I'm getting my LS locally which should mean very little die off, and I'm only adding five or so pounds of shipped LR. The tank's already cycled with a large 3 pound piece of LR BTW.

held at the LFS until the tank is done cycling

However, my rock also cured for 3+ weeks with sand prior to adding to my tank so I'm planning on adding some zoas in the next few days.

Ah,

From what I understand it usually just has to occur, and there's not much of an order. If one is established in the system, the other "partner" should be released in the water near to the other's burrow.

Hmmmmmm? The contest started 2 days ago..... Your tank is already cycled?

I brought up a three pound rock and a few gallons of SW from my established system at home. In any case, the sand I picked up today looks like it's been sitting in a bucket for awhile, so it will be at least a week and a half before I'll be able to throw anything else in the tank.

On a brighter note, I got my superman rhodactis, a freebie red shroom, and my mini carpet today. I'm pretty sure it isn't a maxi-mini, but the coloration is INSANE :ninja: I've never seen a mini carpet like it. It's at the LFS now along with all the other crap they're holding for me.(Wheeler's watchman goby, rhodactis, freebie shroom, zoa rock, and possibly a toadstool) Good thing they like me there. :D

I'll throw a picture up as soon as I'm done putting in the new (or old, rather <_<) sand.

Edit: way too many freaking emoticons.

I brought up a three pound rock and a few gallons of SW from my established system at home. In any case, the sand I picked up today looks like it's been sitting in a bucket for awhile, so it will be at least a week and a half before I'll be able to throw anything else in the tank.

On a brighter note, I got my superman rhodactis, a freebie red shroom, and my mini carpet today. I'm pretty sure it isn't a maxi-mini, but the coloration is INSANE :ninja: I've never seen a mini carpet like it. It's at the LFS now along with all the other crap they're holding for me.(Wheeler's watchman goby, rhodactis, freebie shroom, zoa rock, and possibly a toadstool) Good thing they like me there. :D

I'll throw a picture up as soon as I'm done putting in the new (or old, rather <_<) sand.

Edit: way too many freaking emoticons.

Get a pic of the Mini Carpet! There is a LFS by me that has usually has both the Mini and the Maxi's. I was thinking about picking one but I'm worried about the gobies...They get some crazy colored ones some times....I like the maxi's but they can get really large...HMMMM

I'm heading to the LFS tomorrow to take over the LR I'm not using, so I'll snap a pic of it along with my first run at an aquascape.

Which LFS are you talking about Java?

I'm pretty sure this is going to be the permanent scape as of right now. The rockwork is pretty modest, because I wanted to have a more open tank this time around, and also because I'm going to try my hand at a few macro algaes. Let me know how you like it!

58026181.gif

Archived