inTank Media Baskets

MJ's 29g Barrel 'O Monkeys

Militant Jurist

Militant Jurist

Looks like I lied about the pictures. Yeah, I know... :slap:

The folks I'm having drill my tank was a bit busy when I took my tank, so I'm going to have to go back to pick it up tomorrow.

The stand structure is done. It's not much to look at, so I won't bore with a picture of it. :P

The silicon is drying on the sump baffles. I'm going to do the PVC work tomorrow, once I've got the tank back.

I want to have a "big reveal" for this project, so no pictures until tomorrow afternoon.

Please don't send ninjas to kill me!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Militant Jurist
no pics = lies

Ok, you've managed to guilt me into posting pictures. I'm not spoiling the big reveal, but it's a sneak peek.

Of course, the pictures are from my basement/work area, so ignore the mess. :P

100_0829.jpg

100_0828.jpg

thats some Big equipment in a Little sump. i like it though haha.

i hope you like the light when it gets there. i packed it pretty good so it should get there safely.

Militant Jurist
thats some Big equipment in a Little sump.

fatguybp2.gif

i hope you like the light when it gets there. i packed it pretty good so it should get there safely.

That's what I like to hear! :D

So, now that you've seen the sump, I've got a question. Before the question, one quick piece of information: the drain lines will empty near the skimmer.

Question: Where should I put filter floss and chemi pure? Maybe an eggcrate media rack sitting in the water, below where one of the drains will discharge?

Militant Jurist

As is my luck.... another delay has been added to the mix.

I dropped my tank off to be drilled on Saturday, and I was supposed to get a call today that it was done....

And of course, no phone call. Here's the kicker.... they are closed Monday and Tuesday. :rant:

I had been planning on dry-scaping today and tomorrow, but now, no such luck.

As is my luck.... another delay has been added to the mix.

I dropped my tank off to be drilled on Saturday, and I was supposed to get a call today that it was done....

And of course, no phone call. Here's the kicker.... they are closed Monday and Tuesday. :rant:

I had been planning on dry-scaping today and tomorrow, but now, no such luck.

:(

dont you just love those disappointing surprises that come to ruin your plans :angry:

i think it comes with the hobby..

and for your previous question id make a media rack like you said and put it in that small space by your skimmer, im guessing thats where the drain will be?

Militant Jurist
:(

Indeed. I'm really tempted to start doing a dry run on some other surface, just to get it out of my system! I'm not planning on having any of the rock near a glass wall, so that won't be necessary for stability.

dont you just love those disappointing surprises that come to ruin your plans :angry:

i think it comes with the hobby..

and for your previous question id make a media rack like you said and put it in that small space by your skimmer, im guessing thats where the drain will be?

It's a theme that runs with more than just the hobby, at least for me. <_<

There will be two drains, one discharging on each side of the skimmer. I've got a pile of eggcrate laying around, so making the rack won't be hard. I'll probably use some acrylic to make sure the water goes through the rack, rather than over and around.

Militant Jurist
How do you like the look of it?

You should turn it on and put it over your other tank just to see if you like the way it makes everything look.

Good call! I'd take a picture of it, but the TEK doesn't have mounting legs, and I've got nothing to hang the fixture from over the 20L. I'll just have to describe it for everyone here. ;)

The fixture itself looks awesome, FWIW. I like the jet black look of it.

Militant Jurist
How do you like the look of it?

You should turn it on and put it over your other tank just to see if you like the way it makes everything look.

I like the way it looks! I realized that I need to clean it a bit (the reflector and screen are a bit dirty).

When you get the fixture, try putting the bulbs in this order for best effect:

FRONT

Fiji Purple

Blue+

Aquablue

Blue+

BACK

That's similar to the look of my 20L, which I really like. When I gave the fixture a shot, I remembered that I've got two power supplies. One switch runs the front and the back, and the other runs the center two bulbs. Is it actually beneficial to run a dawn/dusk schedule? Of course, that would mean I'd have to use the Blue + on the front and back.

Militant Jurist
:tears:

:P

I've got a court hearing on Friday, and I'll surely feel like a monkey that day. Some of the pre-trial hearings can seem like a big game of monkey in the middle!

Militant Jurist
lol

My boss has made me sit through a few hearings, not my cup 'o tea. -_-

Yeah, they aren't always fun to sit through. This will be my first court appearance on behalf of someone though, so it should be interesting at least!

Weetie, Lalani, NRF, et al: Any ideas for me to use as a better thread title? The current one is begging to be put out of its misery!

Militant Jurist
OH SURE

And I luv Super Troopers.

<TITLE EDITED>

There, now I've got the best of both! ;)

And Super Troopers rocks! It was one of my favorite movies, but I don't have the DVD anymore. :( I think I managed to leave it with my ex...

I really need to buy that DVD again! I might have to do that tomorrow, to ease the pain of not being able to pick up my tank until Wednesday. ;)

Archived