Top Shelf Aquatics

MJ's 29g Barrel 'O Monkeys

Militant Jurist

Militant Jurist

Change of plans for today.... it's raining here, so I'm not going to go get the remaining lumber needed. However, I've got to run to the grocery store tonight, and there's a wal-mart nearby. I'll pick up the 10g while I'm there! This is going to push back getting the tank drilled until the weekend, but it should make the process less stressful and more enjoyable. :)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the aquascape ideas being discussed, both Richies suggestion of the Acrylic Rods and MJ's description of the potential scape.

It actually sounds like you're thinking of trying something very similar to what I want to do when I get my tank set back up.

I have some of BRS' dry Fiji Rock and I had planned on using Acrylic Rods to make a cool looking open kinda 'scape.

Crazy Monkey Minds think alike, amirite? :wacko:

Militant Jurist
Crazy Monkey Minds think alike, amirite? :wacko:

Very true!

crazy_monkey.jpg

Where do you get acrylic rods? I've never seen such things before.

Very true!

crazy_monkey.jpg

Where do you get acrylic rods? I've never seen such things before.

Hmmm, I think you should change your Av ^^^. :D

O great, now ur gonna make me hunt down the site that sells them, arencha?

Militant Jurist
Hmmm, I think you should change your Av ^^^. :D

Haha I just might! Or, what about this one:

killer_monkey.jpg

B)

O great, now ur gonna make me hunt down the site that sells them, arencha?

I was hoping it was something along the lines of "oh, you just overlooked them at home depot!" I may just try to make them, as I'm guessing it would be less expensive than buying some?

Militant Jurist

1849109365_569a41f236.jpg

My new skimmer and bulkheads should arrive Friday! If all goes well, there just might be water in the system by the end of the weekend!

1849109365_569a41f236.jpg

My new skimmer and bulkheads should arrive Friday! If all goes well, there just might be water in the system by the end of the weekend!

Yea! Iove it when a plan comes together.

Militant Jurist
Yea! Iove it when a plan comes together.

Indeed! I had completely forgotten that the bulkheads were in this shipment. I'm glad I didn't rush to get the tank ready to be drilled!

So much anticipation will be going into this build, and I'm sure the water will be very wet!

:o:D

Militant Jurist
I think this is gonna be a great tank! The new av is hilarious :lol:

Super Troopers has the best opening of any movie eva!!!!

lol at Yoda :P

Glad you like the new av. :D I suppose 1 year with the former av was long enough! ;)

I love all of Super Troopers! The shnozberries taste like shnozberries! :P Unfortunately, I lost my copy years ago (I suspect my ex has it). I bet I can get it for $5 these days, so I need to get on that!

This weekend should be a lot of fun, with plenty of time spent working on the build and the rockscape. Provided of course, that nothing crazy happens tomorrow or friday with my clients :eek:

I'll probably be putting lots of dry run photos up this weekend, so that ya'll can tag along!

:happydance:

Haha I just might! Or, what about this one:

killer_monkey.jpg

B)

I was hoping it was something along the lines of "oh, you just overlooked them at home depot!" I may just try to make them, as I'm guessing it would be less expensive than buying some?

Actually, the acrylic rods really are surprisingly inexpensive, I just have to find the places you can buy them from.

I used to know...

If you're genuinely interested, remind me that I need to hunt the info down for you, I can be forgetful. :blush:

Militant Jurist
Actually, the acrylic rods really are surprisingly inexpensive, I just have to find the places you can buy them from.

I used to know...

If you're genuinely interested, remind me that I need to hunt the info down for you, I can be forgetful. :blush:

I think I will use zip ties for the larger structures, but the acrylic rods would be great for the rock columns. The info would certainly be appreciated!

In other news... my skimmer and bulkheads arrive for sure tomorrow! Now that this has gone beyond just a planning thread and is now becoming a full fledged tank (and great conversation :D) thread, it needs a better name. Suggestions? I know that at least NRF and Weetie have got to have a good title for me! ;)

Militant Jurist
that is too funny!!! :ninja::haha:

Lol I mean, who would ever think to look under the welcome mat? :huh:

But hey, it's my new protein skimmer and bulkheads! :happydance:

:haha: :haha: :haha:

I wonder if they get special training for that.

*snicker*

I'll try to give some thought to the thread title.

Might take me an extra day, my brain feels like poo today.

Militant Jurist
ROFLOL!! :haha:

Thanks for posting that pic! :D

Glad to! :D

:haha: :haha: :haha:

I wonder if they get special training for that.

*snicker*

I'll try to give some thought to the thread title.

Might take me an extra day, my brain feels like poo today.

I think you are right about the extra training. I'm guessing they spend a whole day on how to master hiding packages. Time well spent, obviously! :D

Thanks for trying to think up some ideas... my creativity for titles is shot these days! I know the feeling about a mushy brain....

In other news... I've got the skimmer assembled, the stand structure constructed and a coat of primer on it. Tomorrow, I'm going to cut and assemble the acrylic that will go into the sump, and hopefully head off to get the tank drilled!

Militant Jurist
Guess you did win. :happy:

Mine was delivered at 1:42

Glad you got yur stuff bud. B)

Glad yours made it too! Now we both have new toys for the weekend! :D

Militant Jurist
73 Posts

Sort of on topic pics-2

Your slackin

:eek:

You're right. The FW tank is being torn down today, and the stand structure is getting a final coat of sealant. While that's drying, I'm going to go get the tank drilled and then start working on the acrylic for in the sump. What a busy day!

Pictures will follow. :D

Archived