Cultivated Reef

MJ's 29g Barrel 'O Monkeys

Militant Jurist

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Militant Jurist
Hmmmm, I suppose you are hereby pardoned for the title correction.

yahoo.gif

And ya, ST never gets old. :)

Hahaha.... Car Ram-Rod.... say car Ram-Rod!

Militant Jurist
hey for the sump why dont you make a rack between the baffels?

I was thinking about doing something like that for filter floss, to further help reduce micro-bubbles. However the baffles are too narrow and too long to run something like chemipure there. Most of the water would end up diverting around it.

Or did you have something else in mind?

Militant Jurist

Oh, and talk about fast... the acrylic rods have been delivered!

Of course, the USPS guy wasn't all that smart about it. My car was in the driveway, so clearly someone is home, but instead the guy decides to open my side screen door and toss them inside. It sounds like someone is trying to break in, and of course, I prepared to respond. Luckily for him, he was long gone and I saw the package sitting up against the door! -_-

Militant Jurist

I just finished a clean up and WC (my favorite thing, right NRF? :P), and I got to thinking.... I should do a "now and then" for my corals. Whatcha think? Want to see it?

I just finished a clean up and WC (my favorite thing, right NRF? :P), and I got to thinking.... I should do a "now and then" for my corals. Whatcha think? Want to see it?

Well DUH, of course we do!!!

Silly Monkey.

*shakes head*

Militant Jurist
Well DUH, of course we do!!!

Silly Monkey.

*shakes head*

:lol:

Well in that case, the monkey had better go make dinner and afterward start snapping photos! I'm going to have to do some digging to find all of the original photos and the dates for the addition. This should be fu. And a great way to put off reading for tomorrow! :P

Militant Jurist
What's for dinner? I am hungry... :lol:

I am at work...if I eat Chik- fil- A one more time from the food court...bleh

I made grilled chicken sandwiches with swiss cheese and pieces of bacon.... mmmmmmmmmm.........

I know the feeling about the constant blah-ness of work food. Where I work, all we have is subway, quiznos and a couple random "food" places.

Here's a picture or two of my new light. It's not over the tank, but at least it's over the stand! :P

100_0832.jpg

100_0833.jpg

Militant Jurist

Ok, it's time for "Corals, Now and Then!" There are from the 20L, BTW. I just need some colorful pictures in here!

Yellow Polyps:

Added February 2008

100_0295.jpg

Now, it's all over the place!

100_0849.jpg

Frogspawn:

Added November 2008

100_0663.jpg

Now

100_0834.jpg

Trumpets:

Added November 2008

100_0669.jpg

Now

100_0835.jpg

Chalice:

Added December 2008

Picture003.jpg

Now

100_0836.jpg

Acan Lord:

Added January 2009

100_0686.jpg

Now

100_0842.jpg

Unknown paly:

Added February 2009

BuildandUpdates012.jpg

Now

100_0839.jpg

Ok, that's enough for one post. More to come in the next!

Militant Jurist
Woo! great growth and everything looks really healthy and happy!

Thanks!

I had a feeling I was getting some good growth, but then I looked at how recent some of the addition dates were I couldn't believe it! I can't wait until I can start fragging some of these corals. :D

Militant Jurist

party.gif

My tank survived the drilling, and it's now at home!

100_0850.jpg

I still have to make the rock pillars yet (Roman aqueduct style!), but whatcha think so far?

Oh, and while I was there, I got an apparently rare coral while I was at the LFS. It's going to be posted in the 20L thread once it's acclimated!

WHOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!

Rock looks fine so far, but it won't really be possible to judge it til ya gots the pillars in.

Hey, you're making this a Display Refugium, right?

You need to go post on my "Who's Interested in a SW Planted Tank Forum?" thread.

Militant Jurist
WHOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!

About time

AMEN to both!!!

Rock looks fine so far, but it won't really be possible to judge it til ya gots the pillars in.

Hey, you're making this a Display Refugium, right?

You need to go post on my "Who's Interested in a SW Planted Tank Forum?" thread.

Yeah, I know I need to do some work on that. I'm thinking of either having stand alone pillars in the front-center or doing an aqueduct between the islands.

I've been playing with the idea of having a piece of macro in the display, but it won't be a full-fledged DR. :P

Will do!

Militant Jurist

In other news, I found out today that I may be arguing a case before the Supreme Court of Ohio this year! I just have to convince the court to take the appeal first, though....

Militant Jurist
Make sure to wear your spiffiest Monkey Suit. :lol:

Sure will! I actually had drinks with one of the Justices a while back. She's got a son with a band, and she invited a group of us from the law school to see one of his shows. I think I'm one of the few people to see a current Justice "get jiggy with it." :P

Also, post a linky if it gets any news coverage.

Can do! It's going to be a good case on the 4th amendment.

Archived