Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Megability's BioCube29 Build Thread

megability

I recently installed the ProPlus 4-stage RO/DI system from Spectrapure, along with the drinking water kit and faucet. The system looks good and seems to be working great so far...

RODI%20Installed.jpg

Edited by megability

Nice tank and good start to something really nice I goto say like others I really like the rockwork. I think alot of people dont spend alot of time on it when it's the most important part of the tank everything revolves around the LR Your's came out nice. good luck and lookfoward to more pics

I just got a new small tank-mate - a Green Clown Goby.

He likes to lurk in the rock crevices, under and behind different corals and really doesn't do much all day, but that's just what they do so that's fine with me...

Clown%20Goby%203848.jpg

Clown%20Goby%203895.jpg

Clown%20Goby%203926.jpg

Edited by megability
  • 2 months later...

Some updated pics...

Pom-Pom Crab out for a stroll...

Pom-Pom%20Crab%204011.jpg

Porcelain Crab chillin' in his anemone, which moved up towards the top of the tank...

-soon after this picture, the Crab died, not really sure why, but lookin' for another now...

-with him gone, the Sexy Shrimp have now taken up hosting the Anemone...

Porcelain%20Crab%20Anemone%203991.jpg

Eagle Eye Zoanthids have about doubled, both sides of this rock, lookin' good...

Zoanthids%20Eagle%20Eyes%204025.jpg

Zoanthids%20Eagle%20Eyes%204015.jpg

Got some Tub's Blue Zoanthids, hope they start filling in soon...

Zoanthids%20Tub

Edited by megability

some new creatures, pictures to follow...

Six-Line Wrasse (Pseudocheilinus hexataenia)

Half-Barred Reef Goby (Priolepis semidoliata) - this little guy looks cool, like a mini lion fish, yellow with some darker bands down his front half, spends all of his time upside down hidin' in the crevices and then darts out for some food...

Green Clove Polyps (Clavularia sp.)

Zoanthids

Montipora Coral (Montipora capricornis)

I have a BioCube 29, too....yours is beautiful. Great-looking inhabitants and incredible photos. Looking forward to watching your progress. Keep us posted!

Montipora capricornis - I put this little chunk atop a rock, high flow, medium light, and lots of room to start spreadin' out...

Montipora%204021.jpg

Montipora%204049.jpg

More Green Clown Goby - I love this little guy, he's got 3 or 4 favorite perching spots, one nestled in between a break in the Green Dragon Eye Zoanthids, and another at the mouth of a cave...

Clown%20Goby%203951.jpg

Clown%20Goby%204026.jpg

An across tank shot - you can see the Green Dragon Eye Zoanthids have really started spreadin' out, a lucky shot of the Six-Line Wrasse (he's fast) and you can also see the Toxic Waste Trumpet Coral has split several times, from 2 heads into almost 5 now...

Toxic%20Waste%20Trumpet%20Coral%204089.jpg

Orange Hitchhiker Zoanthids - these came on my live rock, barely recognizable, and have come back quite nice, you can even see some new ones growing down the side...

Zoanthids%20Orange%204063.jpg

Guacamole Palythoa - I got a small frag as a freebie, threw it in the back of the tank, and they have really grown out!...

Palythoas%20Guacamole%204047.jpg

Edited by megability

Half-Barred Reef Goby (Priolepis semidoliata) - this little guy looks cool, like a mini lion fish, yellow with some darker bands down his front half, spends all of his time upside down hidin' in the crevices and then darts out for some food...

Half-Barred%20Goby%202.jpg

Half-Barred%20Goby%201.jpg

(these are not my pictures, I found them online, but look exactly like the fish I have)

Edited by megability

... the latest Full Tank Shot ...

FTS%204173.jpg

Clockwise from bottom center, 6-O'clock...

- hair algae :P

- 2 hitchhiker anemones, quite colorful actually, they are in ID forum if you want a better picture

- Eagle Eye Zoanthids

- Green Clown Goby in his cave, surveying the world...

- a couple Green Bay Packer Zoanthids (far left)

- Orange Hitchhiker Zoanthids (Bam Bams?)

- Waiving Hand Anthelia

- Montipora cap Coral

- Skunk Cleaner Shrimp hangin' out in the shadows...

- Green Horn Coral, started encrusting onto the rock now...

- another hitchhiker anemone, tiny

- Torch Coral

- Frogspawn Coral

- Tub's Blue Zoanthids

- Scroll Coral

- Rose Bubble Tip Anemone and 3 Sexy Shrimp hosting it... :D

- Green Star Polyp Coral

- Tomato Clown Fish

- Torch Coral

- Guacamole Palythoas in the back...

- Six-Line Wrasse

- Flowering Leaf Coral (more in the center)

- Green Clove Polyps

- Toxic Waste Trumpet Coral

- Green Dragon Eye Zoanthids

Edited by megability

Finally got a couple shots of my elusive Half-Barred Goby (Priolepis semidoliata I believe) who usually hides amongst the rockwork and crevices all day, but has actually been coming out a lot more lately - I see him almost every day now...

Half-Barred%20Goby%204382.jpg

Half-Barred%20Goby%204281.jpg

Edited by megability
  • Like 1

Pom-Pom Crab still goin' strong, even grew a leg back - notice the two different kinds of anemones he's found to cruise around with... :)

Pom-Pom%20Crab%204345.jpg

Edited by megability

Tailspot Blenny (Ecsenius stigmatura) - my latest addition, what a cute and beautiful fish!

(these pictures don't really do him justice, hopefully I'll get some better ones soon)

It's only been 1 day, but he's already cruising around the tank for several minutes at a time before going back to his hole. He's eating algae off the rocks and glass, and eating cyclopeeze, and the stress-coloration white spots on his head have faded...

I've learned a lot from the "Tailspot Blenny" thread here on Nano-Reef.com...

Tail%20Spot%20Blenny%204368.jpg

Tail%20Spot%20Blenny%204287.jpg

Tail%20Spot%20Blenny%204301.jpg

Edited by megability