Gift for the wife  

104 members have voted

1. 1. How dead am I ?

• Get an nice enough gift and she'll let you live
    • Shouldn't be worried
    • You'll be sharing the doghouse with the dog
    • There's a wanted sign on your head
    • Just start digging

I would make the web cam linked to my active screen saver. That way if/when any movement was detected on screen it would alert me.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey JP,

you bet your A$$ i'll be pissed if you didn't stop by to pick me up! :D

haha frozensurfer, you're so dead! i get that from you saying that she calls it "fish stuff". that tells me that she tolerates it in small amounts but this is way different. that's why i said get her a new car. she seems like a business woman and would prefer a new classy car over a ring any day. and because of the "fish stuff" comment, that's why i oted start diggin'. before the murder trial fund, we should all chip in together to put it up on the web and take bets (vegas style) on how your wife is going to react. we can even sell pay-per-view rights. now that's reality tv right there. B)

one thing is for sure, this is the best hardware classified ad EVER!

ps i speak from experience

frozensurfer

LOL you guys are too funny! Ok, so I have a webcam.... now to get it set up to broadcast the events... give me time my friends.

Until then, evening bump. Everything but the ATO is still available.

frozensurfer

Folks, don't be afraid to make an offer.... I might just budge on those prices.

I'm on the phone with the wife now, she's not having fun on the business trip.... Soooo for the next 20 minutes, the Sentry is $190 shipped, Remora is $100 shipped. That's just because I realize that she's gonna kill me. I'll get over it in 20 minutes.... after a few beers

frozensurfer,

contact waterproof for your dosing pump. i know it has been a long time, but i know he was looking into a dosing pump.

you should have a contest to name this "reality show" the winner gets to be at your house when your wife comes home and possibly gets to chose the items o pass to your wife to throw. haha. i'm a D*ck. but it sure is funny.

bump for a ggod guy, a great story, and hopefully some sales!

ok frozensurfer,

all i would say is if i went away for 4 weeks and came home to a tank that size i`d be over

the moon love love but of course if your wife doesnt take any interest (like my hub)

then i suggest ring,car and shopping spree!!!! ;)

honestly you guys we are not that bad and just tell her how lovely it will look master piece!! fingerscrossed

I don't know.

You could mention that you earn the money and it constitutes all your unnecessary stuff,

gifts for holidays and such.

Maybe try to work overtime or something, and buy or give her a gift card ???

I just went through the same thing... just picked up another tank.. so that makes 3. :happydance: I told the wife I would keep all my "fish stuff" put away blah blah blah. I also told her I'd get rid of the 10 gal.. well it's gonna be used as a sump for the 20 gal. I might have to join you in your canoe paddling up #### creek.

Only a reefer......

4 weeks the little women is away for work.

Do we party? Strippers? Vegas? Run up the credit cards at the bunny ranch?

No, we try to sneak in our dream tank....

And then sweat out her return. :lol:

I bow to your ballsiness ( nice word Mitch :P ) as well Sir. :bowdown:

Best of luck with the build ( we expect pichers, lots of 'em lol ) and with the wife as well.

If she loves you and understands the disease I am sure all will be fine.

But, its gonna cost ya brother, oh, it'll cost ya. :lol:

*bump*

If he gets it setup quick enough he can fill it with strippers, put up a webcam & we'll all toast a beer to his demise. We all want pictures in a build thread and I also appreciate your ballsiness. G'luck.

frozensurfer

Ok, some of you have asked if I would be willing to trade some stuff. The wife is really in to photography like I am. If you have canon lenses, flashes, or a 40D body that you're willing to part with, I'd be interested to talk to you about that. Right now, I don't really need more "fish stuff" if I want to live to see tomorrow.

Needreefunds
Hey Richie do ya think we should start the frozensurfer memorial fund yet? I mean its only right to help him out. OR we could just go out the the B-ranch and check out Isabella Soprano but we would have to stop at the edge of town and pick up Deepdvnarq to go with us. I think he'd be pissed if we didnt include him.

Ah....Isabella.......those eyes ( among other things....)

Sure, we'll swing by and pick up Deep, not a problem.

FZ I think up in Anchorage you'd have better luck selling hickory wood chips on the black market for all the fish smokers up there then gettin her to believe you got all that pink stuff for her. But enjoy it as much as you can. You are so reminding me of Duce Bigalow tryin like hell to raise the money to set up that seamless setup b4 the owner gets home. Just remember this bro. The snails from the deeper part of the tank are always better.

lol @ hickory wood chips :P

Also, +1 on the deep water snails ;)

Tough to vote in the poll FZ, need more input. You know your lady, how dead are ya?? :P

Ah....Isabella.......those eyes ( among other things....)

Sure, we'll swing by and pick up Deep, not a problem.

WAIT!!! What does she have pretty eyes!!! I never noticed them.

You know I did notice that he dissed my response of he being the only one that knows his wife as well. Man I hope she hasnt already got him.

This made me LOL. It reminds me of the Corvette I wanted since a kid. My wife says "If you want a Corvette get a Corvette, just stop bugging me about it"...

I had it two days.....

Militant Jurist
It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission. ;) Someone start the countdown.

Very true. Of course, that's all relative. Anyways, glad to see the OP isn't six feet under. Good luck, and here's a free bump!

fishez4alivin

I wouldn't trip..I told my wife that I got the new A.G.E. the day I went down to pick up the new stand and tank from a LFS :lol:

But that was after I got her a car, upgraded the ring, and got her earrings....thats my strategy, buy stuff for her before you buy for yourself, ftw :lol:

frozensurfer

Update time. Here's what I have left

(1) Innovative Aquatics Sentry Dosing pump - $200

I got this a couple years back and have used it only a handful of times in the beginning. I really never had a need for it it's been sitting in a box for a while now. I might still have the original box for it. You will need to get a AC Adapter and some tubing for it (innovativeaquatics.com has them for pretty cheap)

IMG_0268.jpg

(2) AquaC Remora with Maxi-jet 1200 - $90 - PRICE DROP

Had this for about a year, works great, pulls out some nasty skimmate. The Maxi-Jet has a newer impeller (2 months.) There is a small crack in the upper left corner where the collection cup goes, but it has been plastic welded and I've never any problems with it.

IMG_0279.jpg

(3) Aquafuge small no light - $40 - PRICE DROP

Has a small crack in the back but has been plastic welded and works great. I am the second owner of this, the first one cracked it, I repaired it. It's been on my tank for over a year with no problems.

IMG_0264.jpg

(4) Danner Model 9.5 - $50 - PENDING

New impeller last month. Only had this on the tank for 6 months.

IMG_0276.jpg

(8) Aquarium Systems Natural Wave Wavemaker - $30

Worked GREAT on my nano!

IMG_0271.jpg

(9) Ushio Aqualite 250W 14K - $50 - PRICE DROP

New in box, only opened to take photo. This was my backup bulb.

IMG_0286.jpg

Archived