104 members have voted

1. 1. How dead am I ?

• Get an nice enough gift and she'll let you live
    • Shouldn't be worried
    • You'll be sharing the doghouse with the dog
    • There's a wanted sign on your head
    • Just start digging

frozensurfer

Ok folks, I have a confession to make.... I'm a REEF ADDICT. (some of you knew that already)

Here's the problem; 3 months ago the wife and I started to remodel our house. I've wanted an in-wall tank since I saw my very first one when I was 6 years old. I have since made it my MISSION in life to find the exact one that I wanted and one day build it. So far, no problems right? Well, my wife is now out of town for 4 weeks for work, and she left ME to do the remodel (thanks hun!) So, I was at the LFS the other day, and there is was.... my 240 gallon DREAM TANK! By the time I had wiped the drool off my face, 4 of my closest friends showed up and loaded it into the truck with me. It is now here at home, getting a new fish room built around it. (see where this is going).... All of those people were SWORN to secrecy... as the wife doesn't know...

So, I realize that I'm in DEEP *#*#& but, if I sell of some of the "fish stuff" as she calls it, it will lighten the blow slightly.... So here it goes, all of the items below need to be shipped, and I realize that my location might be an issue for some of them.... so PM me for a shipping quote because I'm going to adjust it so that it is affordable (basically I'm going to split the cost with you)

(1) Innovative Aquatics Sentry Dosing pump - $200

I got this a couple years back and have used it only a handful of times in the beginning. I really never had a need for it it's been sitting in a box for a while now. I might still have the original box for it. You will need to get a AC Adapter and some tubing for it (innovativeaquatics.com has them for pretty cheap)

IMG_0268.jpg

(2) AquaC Remora with Maxi-jet 1200 - $110

Had this for about a year, works great, pulls out some nasty skimmate. The Maxi-Jet has a newer impeller (2 months.) There is a small crack in the upper left corner where the collection cup goes, but it has been plastic welded and I've never any problems with it.

IMG_0279.jpg

(3) Aquafuge small no light - $50

Has a small crack in the back but has been plastic welded and works great. I am the second owner of this, the first one cracked it, I repaired it. It's been on my tank for over a year with no problems.

IMG_0264.jpg

(4) Danner Model 9.5 - $50

New impeller last month. Only had this on the tank for 6 months.

IMG_0276.jpg

(5) JBJ Auto Top-off - SOLD

Silenced! Doesn't make the annoying scream every time it turns on.

IMG_0274.jpg

(6) 12" Current USA Dual Satellite - SOLD

New bulbs 2 months ago. Half actinic, half 10K

IMG_0272.jpg

(7) Visi-Therm Stealth Heater 200W - $15

IMG_0269.jpg

(8) Aquarium Systems Natural Wave Wavemaker - $30

Worked GREAT on my nano!

IMG_0271.jpg

(9) Ushio Aqualite 250W 14K - $60

New in box, only opened to take photo. This was my backup bulb.

IMG_0286.jpg

(10) Totally Custom 24" 250W HQI with 2x24W T-5 light - $300

This was a total custom build from the shell up. Ballastwise HQI ballast firing a CoralGrow 250w 14K HQI (best growth in my tank... tried 8 bulbs, this worked the best) This easily outperforms the Aqua Medic Ocean Light. Everything is enclosed so there are no external ballasts, but there are no issues with heat from the ballasts. Absolutely LOVE this light, really hate to get rid of it.

IMG_0282.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pimp4cheddar

To be honest...it's her fault. She should of never left you alone!

Bump for a great skimmer...I have the same one on my 29 gallon. The price is great...you'll have no problems selling it!

not to be the crazy guy here, because i totally agree with what you're doing (says the single guy), but aren't you gonna want / need some of these things for that big system of yours. Like maybe the dosing pump, ATO, extra backup heater, even some of those pumps.

Not to be that guy... free bump anyways

frozensurfer

LOL, thanks guys. The ATO is now pending as is the 12" satellite.

Hopefully she doesn't kill me... she knows I've wanted one forever.. What I can tell you is that the new stuff that I "have" to get for the new tank will be the part that kills me, not the tank itself. I think she'll like that part, but not all the other stuff I have to buy to go with it... like the hammerhead and 2 darts....

Just buy ALOT of pink corals. Then tell her that they were picked esp for her.

Oh hope she doesnt kill you.

You.... :happydance::scarry:

wife... :angry:omgomgomg:rant:

Us at NR. :lol::lol:

Needreefunds

Only a reefer......

4 weeks the little women is away for work.

Do we party? Strippers? Vegas? Run up the credit cards at the bunny ranch?

No, we try to sneak in our dream tank....

And then sweat out her return. :lol:

I bow to your ballsiness ( nice word Mitch :P ) as well Sir. :bowdown:

Best of luck with the build ( we expect pichers, lots of 'em lol ) and with the wife as well.

If she loves you and understands the disease I am sure all will be fine.

But, its gonna cost ya brother, oh, it'll cost ya. :lol:

*bump*

frozensurfer

Lol, I'm looking forward to seeing what she will do if she lets me keep it.... I think I'll be buying her a new car....

frozensurfer

Hey for all you nano guys... I also have some satellite type fixtures that I modified. I'm not sure if there is any interest in them but, I might as well throw that out there. Most of them are single 70w HQI setups, but some have a 70w HQI with 2x18w PC's....

SpankythePyro
Only a reefer......

4 weeks the little women is away for work.

Do we party? Strippers? Vegas? Run up the credit cards at the bunny ranch?

No, we try to sneak in our dream tank....

And then sweat out her return. :lol:

I bow to your ballsiness ( nice word Mitch :P ) as well Sir. :bowdown:

Best of luck with the build ( we expect pichers, lots of 'em lol ) and with the wife as well.

If she loves you and understands the disease I am sure all will be fine.

But, its gonna cost ya brother, oh, it'll cost ya. :lol:

*bump*

I would hire a $hitload of strippers to help me move in my dream tank.

LOL I figured that you would like that. I've found out that Coach bags are a good trade for a new tank. But they usually are not tanks that I hafta cut out the wall for.

Hey Richie do ya think we should start the frozensurfer memorial fund yet? I mean its only right to help him out. OR we could just go out the the B-ranch and check out Isabella Soprano but we would have to stop at the edge of town and pick up Deepdvnarq to go with us. I think he'd be pissed if we didnt include him.

FZ I think up in Anchorage you'd have better luck selling hickory wood chips on the black market for all the fish smokers up there then gettin her to believe you got all that pink stuff for her. But enjoy it as much as you can. You are so reminding me of Duce Bigalow tryin like hell to raise the money to set up that seamless setup b4 the owner gets home. Just remember this bro. The snails from the deeper part of the tank are always better.

Thunderstruck34

Nice, bold move... I must say... I WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME THING!!! Just make sure there are no dishes, shoes, bottles, or any other object usable as a projectile around when you break the big news!

Best of luck and a bump

frozensurfer
Nice, bold move... I must say... I WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME THING!!! Just make sure there are no dishes, shoes, bottles, or any other object usable as a projectile around when you break the big news!

Best of luck and a bump

I'll make sure of that :)

Lol I would recommend setting up a laptop with a webcam recording in the tank room so you can either laugh at her reaction down the road when its an awesome tank or as flawless evidence in the murder trial :) Make sure to have it uploading to a remote server if you suspect the latter :)

I would have taken the satellite and the mag 9.5 a month ago...

Ha a new ring. You get tank bling she get finger bling. So you know her better than us, how do you think she will respond?

Hey good point on the electricity bill. I always forget about that one.

Thunderstruck34

That poll is classic...too funny...but so true. I also would have to agree that you should set up a camera or web cam and have it stream live online just so we can see her reaction too. Plus you'd have ya know like prob 30 witnesses too if anything were to ever get out of hand.

Archived