Pod Your Reef

Memoirs Of A Pico

badfish816

thanks JBM.

thanks fly_boer. most all gobies are jumpers. lol. little suicide bombers. they don't realize that there is no water on the outside.

all sig credit goes to Micro for his mad skillz

Edited by badfish816
Mr. Microscope
that is a nice sig, micro what program did you use to make that?

Photoshop. The awesome images in there are Badfish's though.

well i just did some more fraggin.....hand vs. fireworm......worm won. burns like crazy. also got a new peppermint shrimp the other day. hasn't done much with the aptasia yet, but still keeping my fingers crossed.

my wifes blue and yellow/greens

post-46258-1277330587_thumb.jpg

ya the worm was in a crevice under the rock. didn't see him till it was too late. i was just to lazy to go dig out my diamond gloves from the garage. they are burried behind all of the stuff i got from my grandpa passing. i need storage!!

Edited by badfish816

my 20" NEP shipped out today. gonna use the stock bulbs until i can upgrade the ballast and switch to UVL bulbs. gonna start a build thread for the frag tank as soon as i get back from the virgin islands.

got my NEP today. thanks Clavius. even set it over the pico for the time being due to my CFLs being bad. looks funny but my corals love it! i am definately doing a 12" T5 retro into the current fixture. pics later.

badfish816

got three new frags in today on a trade. AOGs, rainbow monti, and orange monti cap. acclimating now. i would get pics with the NEP too but my camera is dead.

Edited by badfish816

check my pico thread and look at either recent pics or FTS. if you see any eagle eyes / watermelons tell me. I think my big colony on the right and on the left might be one of those, but I'll let you decide.

yea looks like my red/pink/orange center zoas with the green/yellow skirts. Are you asking because you want a frag of them or are you just wondering if I had them already lol?

badfish816

i will let you know.

update on the frags. the rainbow monti is in three parts and one already has multicolored poyps. awesome looking. the the orange flourecent glow that the orange cap has in amazing. the AOGs havent opened yet. some are winking but stay pretty much closed.

badfish816

lol. i just got it on the trade. i have seen some people's caps and they always looked dingy orange. this thing GLOWS!!! it is almost the brightest coral in the tank. we can arrange something. i would like to let it grow out alittle first. it's about an inch or so big right now. i really have to get a better camera with a macro lens. i need to capture these corals on film.

I would totally trade a bit of my hollywood chalice for a bit of your monti *drools*

Edited by .Newman.