Coral Vue Hydros

Memoirs Of A Pico

badfish816

Mr. Microscope

Hey badfish,

It's been a while. Any updates? How's the macro problem? Did you get new rocks? Those spartians are amazing BTW.

Hoping all is well!

hey how's it goin. well, i have one chiton in there that is lovin the turf algea. i just wish i had about five of them. i have kept alot of the other algea at bay. i am probly gonna bake the rest of my rock i have in a ten gallon frag tank. then scape it the way i like, change the sand to something finer. i will start over when i get my other frag tank built. at least that's the plan for now. i was also gonna build an led setup for it but i think i will pick up the led/T5 hybrid that nanocustom and clive are working on. it's sick. everything is also riding on whether or not i get into sniper school. we will see.

Edited by badfish816
  • 4 weeks later...

this tank looks sweet. with the acans i found in my old 55g that it would take about a month or two for them to get used to the conditions and then they grew like crazy. i fed mine every 3 days though as well. once they start growing try and stop them lol

thanks molsen. i will be uploading a new pic of the acans. they are growing like weeds.

he micro. me and the wife are still kinda debating me gowing. we were kinda wanting to start a family but she knows how bad i want to go. i will keep ya updated.

happy easter everyone. new pics coming soon........

Edited by badfish816

ok pics....

here is the progresssion of the acans:

how they looked when i got them:

post-46258-1270700879_thumb.jpg

post-46258-1270700929_thumb.jpg

and this is what they look like now:

post-46258-1270701068_thumb.jpg

there is also two more babies on the other side for a total of ten heads.

Edited by badfish816

here is the candy cane:

when i got it, it had 3 heads with one splitting:

post-46258-1270701440_thumb.jpg

here is a couple months later. 4 heads all splitting:

post-46258-1270701569_thumb.jpg

1 months ago:

post-46258-1270701663_thumb.jpg

and today:

post-46258-1270701727_thumb.jpg

8 heads total. 4 of which are splitting again.

this is what happens when you take " elfabs guide to neglecting picos." lol. i dont touch this pico for awhile and everything booms. including all the macro algea. ugg! my hammer has about 4 new bby heads growing along the flesh but they are too tiny to get a pic of. so that makes 9 heads total on the hammer. it had one when i got it about 6 months ago. crazy growth. i will get some pics of the zoas up later. they are finally taking off too.

ok zoas

this is what they looked like when i got them

post-46258-1271197648_thumb.jpg

and now

post-46258-1271197578_thumb.jpg

post-46258-1271197590_thumb.jpg

here are my wifeys

post-46258-1271197523_thumb.jpg

post-46258-1271197539_thumb.jpg

my spartan prides

post-46258-1271197360_thumb.jpg

post-46258-1271197391_thumb.jpg

post-46258-1271197404_thumb.jpg

and a couple shots of the biggest heads on my hammer

post-46258-1271197447_thumb.jpg

post-46258-1271197459_thumb.jpg

Edited by badfish816
Mr. Microscope
Man I want a hammer coral

Stop..

Hammer time!

Sorry. I can't pass up a pun. :blush:

Edited by Mr. Microscope

you beat me to it!! i started with one head that was splitting when i got it. now both of those are splittings and i have about 6-8 baby heads growing. it grows like crazy.

nice growth pictures, they look great! especially the acans, i'd like to get some of those in my tank soon. what kind of feeding and or dosing schedule are you on?

i started to dose part a and b but quit. and i use to feed mysis once a week but quit that too. i need start again. but lately it has been the elfab method of neglecting it. lol.

i started to dose part a and b but quit. and i use to feed mysis once a week but quit that too. i need start again. but lately it has been the elfab method of neglecting it. lol.

haha yeah i'm with you on that, i used to dose brightwell liquid reef and seachem reef plus, but only do so occasionally now. probably not the best way to dose. also i used to feed cyclopeeze about one or twice a week and i haven't done that for a while.

• 1 month later...
badfish816

it's not a pretty sight but i will do it. i literally have a gigantic aptasia i have been keeping. kinda cool though.

• 2 weeks later...
Mr. Microscope

One more request for a pic: what's your favorite thing in your tank (coral, fish, ect.). I can't wait to see your new goby!

favorite would have to be my hammer. i LOVE it. started with 1 head now i have 7 heads with about 5-6 babies growing. i really like my candy cane too. and now this little goby.